Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

19 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Here's a case. COVID outside China mostly become a news in Mar 13-15 weekend. Would you prefer this film releasing on Mar 6 2020 and getting 10 days of run in most market and delayed release in China in August 2020 or July 2021 release.

From a “when do I personally get to see it” perspective, definitely March 2020. But from a “want big BO numbers” perspective, def July 21.

2 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Easily over 100M in one week. Probably 3 days 

i dont know The situation in Usa  but im expect 250m domestic min

250 would be incredible, I wouldn't bet on it

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh it’ll be much easier for Black Widow to open way over Godzilla Vs Kong. 

It comes at 

1. a much easier time pandemic wise

2. Costs double at home to watch ($30?)

3. First MCU film since.. Endgame? Can’t remember. 

Black Widow is my favourite marvel character and I’ve waiting for this film for 11 years. Pressure is on! 

Yep especially for those who want to watch it solo. $30 lmao for a tiny tv vs $10 for a huge screen. No contest

• Like 2

All I'll say is I think the GvK numbers indicate Disney may have overreacted with some of their recent decisions regarding Black Widow and Luca. And it's saying something that cinemas are happy to play WB movies that are simultaneously releasing on HBO Max but are holding out on Disney PA. 

I'm sure something will be worked out for Black Widow and the rest of the MCU slate but other Disney films with PA be interesting to see if the boycott continues.

• Like 2

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/black-widow-trailer-spins-strong-web-with-70m-views?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Marvel and Disney's third Black Widow trailer scored more than 70 million viewers in its first 24 hours, surpassing the second trailer by a substantial margin, or more than 13 million views.

The previous spot for the superhero pic earned 57 million views in its first day.

Usually, the numbers fall with each subsequent trailer. But not for April 3's Black Widow trailer. That could be the result of pent-up demand to watch a Marvel Studios movie.

The third Black Widow trailer surpassed numbers for subsequent trailers for Black Panther (48 million) and Ant-Man and the Wasp (52 million), as well as outpacing first-look trailers for WandaVision (53 million), Loki (36 million) and Falcon and The Winter Soldier (20.3 million).

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

And people say nobody cares about this anymore lol

70 million views on the fourth trailer

Twitter/YT are full of those comments, in addition to crying about how it's a prequel and "doesn't matter".

ovuyESe.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Gamora said:

Twitter/YT are full of those comments, in addition to crying about how it's a prequel and "doesn't matter".

ovuyESe.gif

The funny thing is: they're also gonna watch it.

I only hope Disney stop pushing theaters, they can't keep releasing movies with boycotts. 

They already gonna have 100% of PA money, they can easily split the box office with theaters like Warner did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

All I'll say is I think the GvK numbers indicate Disney may have overreacted with some of their recent decisions regarding Black Widow and Luca. And it's saying something that cinemas are happy to play WB movies that are simultaneously releasing on HBO Max but are holding out on Disney PA. 

I'm sure something will be worked out for Black Widow and the rest of the MCU slate but other Disney films with PA be interesting to see if the boycott continues.

Wait, what boycott?

34 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

The funny thing is: they're also gonna watch it.

I only hope Disney stop pushing theaters, they can't keep releasing movies with boycotts. 

They already gonna have 100% of PA money, they can easily split the box office with theaters like Warner did.

I do find the angry people online saying they're not going to bother watching this because of the delays strange. So you wanted to watch it but because it was delayed you now don't want to? Ok...

I hope they do sort the whole theatre issue thing out, I want this to make as much as it can in theatres.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

Over Premiere Access? The only other movie getting it is Cruella. By Shang-Chi they won't need it.

Yes, some chains choose not to show Raya and the Last Dragon due to the terms that Disney wanted.

57 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

Yes, some chains choose not to show Raya and the Last Dragon due to the terms that Disney wanted.

Well by the time Black Widow comes out it'll be irrelevant since the rest of the year should be open and getting back to normal.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Whoa Nelly that number is still atrocious if we're going to compare it to what it would have done pre-pandemic. 

• Disbelief 1