Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The EG reactions were literally "one of the best films in the genre" lol.

So... accurate?   

Anyway, social media reaction, basically meaningless. Doesn’t quite sound like a 90+, probably won’t go under 75 either, critic reactions shouldn’t affect box office so I’ll just kick back and wait for audience ones.

Just now, Lokis Legion said:

So... accurate?   

Anyway, social media reaction, basically meaningless. Doesn’t quite sound like a 90+, probably won’t go under 75 either, critic reactions shouldn’t affect box office so I’ll just kick back and wait for audience ones.

The person I replied to said the inital reactions made endgame sound mediocre. And social media reactions are meaningless since they're usually a lot more positive than the actual review scores. But yeah, for a franchise like this, critical reception doesn't matter.

• Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The EG reactions were literally "one of the best films in the genre" lol. And all these studios select the people to talk about the movie early, espescially skewing towards influencers rather than critics (in fact, Disney is the one who started this).

Not all of them, lots of people freakout in the foruns i participate imagining why aren't everybody sounding crazy about it. And honestly, there's a difference between "one of the best movies in the gente" and "OMG BEST MOVIE EVER BEST MCU MOVIE THIS WILL WIN THE OSCAR" which are the type of reactions a few years ago.

Also, Disney reactions pretty much always translate into the reviews (in fact, almost everyone talking about BW right now are RT approved critics or working for RT aprooved sites), so no, it's definitely not like Warker.

Raya got excellent reactions, finish with like 95%. Cruella got good reactions, finish with 74%. Luca got good to great reactions, it's sitting on 91% so far. BW reactions are kinda good to great in general too, so yeah, it's reasonable to expect the percentage to be in the 80's.

Do you remember any recent Disney movie that got amazing reactions and then got mixed reviews? Because i don't. Much less movies from them starting with 100% and then going rotten like it happened with WW84, Mortal Kombat and Conjuring 3.

The person I replied to said the inital reactions made endgame sound mediocre. And social media reactions are meaningless since they're usually a lot more positive than the actual review scores. But yeah, for a franchise like this, critical reception doesn't matter.

The "person you replied" said the EG reactions aren't just a bunch of "best movie ever", to keep exactly what i said.

The mediocre part comes from you, because that's not what i said.

• Like 1

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

The "person you replied" said the EG reactions aren't just a bunch of "best movie ever", to keep exactly what i said.

The mediocre part comes from you, because that's not what i said.

Yes, critics didn't call Endgame a modern-day The Godfather, but the social media reactions were still overwhelmingly positive. No one panicked due to the Endgame reactions lol.

This guy probably never gonna say another bad thing about Marvel just due to the harrassment he's getting here. Corporate fanboys are the worst.

TBH some of these critics have their agendas, some pro some against. That's why its better to check their history.

If he is someone with against agenda like Scott Mendelson, well kudos to my fellow MCU fans.

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

TBH some of these critics have their agendas, some pro some against. That's why its better to check their history.

If he is someone with against agenda like Scott Mendelson, well kudos to my fellow MCU fans.

Moderation

Fanboy wars/conspiracies are for squares. We’re not doing this Fanboy “critics are out to get my poor innocent multimillion dollar franchise” schtick.

This goes for everybody else here

• Like 4

So this is Ragnarok-level funny? 1B here we come! 

Marvel fans rejoice: #BlackWidow is outstanding and an arguably S-tier entry in the MCU. Like Civil War, an aggressively bleak tone and dark story is balanced by legit LOL family comedy. Action is brutal; this is the first MCU film I've seen where stunts look like it hurts. pic.twitter.com/gkPLHGoPVb

— BDG Union Member Eric Francisco (@EricFrancisco24) June 17, 2021

I really liked Black Widow!! One of the funnier MCU movies, w/a ton of self-referential jokes for longtime fans, enough self-awareness to make the absurdity work. Florence Pugh & David Harbour steal the show. Definitely has some issues. But dug it! Absolutely see it in theaters! pic.twitter.com/i8s96I14It

— julia alexander (@loudmouthjulia) June 17, 2021

I saw #BlackWidow last night. It's a solid Marvel movie with two incredible action set pieces. It's also way funnier than I was expecting — like Ragnarok-level comedy. But what holds this movie together is a story of found family that puts the Fast and Furious franchise to shame.

— Jake (@jacobkleinman) June 17, 2021

The #BlackWidow cast is great at building fun, larger-than-life characters, but Florence Pugh as Yelena Belova is an ABSOLUTE STANDOUT. Marvel fans will ADORE her. I walked away from this movie excited about her future involvement in the MCU. She'll be an instant fan favorite.

— Meagan Damore (@metathor) June 17, 2021

Marvel movies are back! #BlackWidow is a tense, action-packed spy thriller that truly completes Natasha’s story in a visceral & emotional way. Florence Pugh CRUSHES it & is an instant MCU icon. This is like the MCU's Bond movie w/ shades of MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE & THELMA & LOUISE. pic.twitter.com/bauc2XVQlF

— Erik Davis (@ErikDavis) June 17, 2021

38 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

IMO, 75-85% RT is realsitic. The 90%+ ones and 10%+ ones are on extreme side and likely to generate "not that good" and "not that bad" feedback once seen by wider audience. ITH has 96%RT but I see a lot of It was OK but nothing special, too long, etc. 

Might be the first Rotten MCU film for all we know.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yes, critics didn't call Endgame a modern-day The Godfather, but the social media reactions were still overwhelmingly positive. No one panicked due to the Endgame reactions lol.

Again, i never said they aren't overwhelmingly positive, because they are very good.

I only said that the reactions for EG aren't just everyone talking "best movie ever" bullshit. And i said this to give an example of my point that reactions aren't just hyperboles anymore like it used to be back in 2015-2018.

You twisted what i said for others and made it look that i was making some revisionist shit when i didn't do it, i never make it look like it got mediocre reactions, but you put the words in my mouth for whatever reason and i didn't like, so i'm defending my words that's all, i'm finishing this here because it's unnecessary.

OT: i'm excited from what i read about because is what i'm expecting, fun and good action.

4 minutes ago, Eric is Full of Pride said:

Moderation

Fanboy wars/conspiracies are for squares. We’re not doing this Fanboy “critics are out to get my poor innocent multimillion dollar franchise” schtick.

This goes for everybody else here

JFC, context of my comment was to check the history of critic with certain franchise, because sometime they just don't like that certain franchise.

But I understand that may have came out wrong.

• Like 1