Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

1 hour ago, Madhuvan said:

Not releasing in India. 😭😭

As, a marvel fan who has been watching literally all MCU movies in theatre since AOU this is very painful. 

Are the cinemas active in India at the moment or is it a distribution problem?

1 hour ago, Lokis Legion said:

As everyone knows I’m hoping for 100 plus, but I’m going to set the disappointment/flop/crumbling/meltdown bar at 85,737,841

@Porthos ;) 

tenor.gif?itemid=3915566

Noted for the historical record. 👍

Spoiler

Left a laugh reaction more for the xx7 meme than anything else. ;)

Edited by Porthos

8 minutes ago, Porthos said:

tenor.gif?itemid=3915566

Noted for the historical record. 👍

Hide contents

Left a laugh reaction more for the 737 meme than anything else. ;)

I don’t know what this 737 meme is, that’s just Dark World’s OW 😛    

Which is not as rando a  choice as it may seem — if you look at the OW ranking achieved by all the solo films, the geometric mean is 32.5 and the geometric standard deviation is 2.656, so an OW rank of 86 would be -1 standard deviation. At the moment that just so happens to be… Dark World :hahaha:

Edited by Lokis Legion

20 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

Which is not as rando a  choice as it may seem — if you look at the OW ranking achieved by all the solo films, the geometric mean is 32.5 and the geometric standard deviation is 2.656, so an OW rank of 86 would be -1 standard deviation. At the moment that just so happens to be… Dark World :hahaha:

Sorry, thought you were doing a riff on xx7 when it came to Marvel releases (was distracted a bit with a project I am working on).  Carry on then. 👍

(edited my post to rectify that)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I wonder if Disney realizes they probably jumped the gun on making this a hybrid release. 

Nah, because they're still charging a mint for it on Disney+.  But I, myself, am actually in the in-between crowd where they won't be getting my money on either side of it right now.  I may re-subscribe to Disney+ eventually to binge some things, but will not pay premium for this, and I'm also not quite ready to go back to a packed multiplex, yet.

I've finally been back to a theatre in the past few weeks (first time since March 2020) for Quiet Place II, but it was at a local historic theatre that was barely 20% full.  

Edited by Macleod

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Disney is going to get some valuable data from this hybrid release.

Like PA revenue vs theater revenue. 

Which is a first for a blockbuster of this magnitude. 

Exactly. Lots of people are forgetting this.

If it does well for PA; I wouldn’t be surprised if they do the same to Shang Chi.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Wait what censorship issue? Isn't it rumored to release there next month?

We discussed it at the China box office general thread - Gavin brought it up. It is mildly in spoiler territory, so I won’t repeat it in detail here.

In any case - Censorship doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be released - my previous comment clearly said delay due to censorship - so your reply of “rumoured to be released there next month” is not contradictory to what I said at all. I mean it could be edited and still be released next month. No updated news as of now

8 hours ago, Lokis Legion said:

Which is not as rando a  choice as it may seem — if you look at the OW ranking achieved by all the solo films, the geometric mean is 32.5 and the geometric standard deviation is 2.656, so an OW rank of 86 would be -1 standard deviation. At the moment that just so happens to be… Dark World

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

10 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I wonder if Disney realizes they probably jumped the gun on making this a hybrid release. 

Disney is so afraid of sharing profits with local streaming services/iTunes/Google that they are making the only way to watch movie in some countries is by pirating. :rofl: