Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

3 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

It's that bad?

I had the same feeling watching it that I had watching rogue one, filler after the big stakes have been decided and so late out the gate you’re sat there wondering why they chose now.

5 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

It was alright. Pretty much inline with what I was expecting. It would’ve been nice if the movie were a little smaller. The climax was a fairly typical superhero climax, but Florence Pugh is pretty good. 

It was in some ways..

:Venom:

Edited by VENOM

13 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Where was all this sky is falling shit for Fast and Furious or Doctor Strange, both lower than this

I was going to troll and quip it’s because neither of them starred a girl, but eh not worth it. 

But seriously, those PA numbers clearly put a bug up people’s behinds. It’s a mixture of franchise war soldiers and cinema buffs (in seeming weekly tradition) pearl clutch about theaters being dead. 

Edited by RRA

The meltdown as the numbers dropped from 125+ to 100+ to 100 to 95 to 90 to 88 and finally to 80 has been the only thing that wasn’t a let down. Truly hilarious stuff, we had people blaming the numbers on Loki, someone wrote a book about how people wanted this and wanted cinema to die..  and then Disney throwing in Disney+ numbers so people forget about the OW numbers. Bet they won’t include them next week when they calculate the drop..:sparta:

Edited by VENOM
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

On 7/10/2021 at 10:30 AM, VENOM said:

Black widow : A rogue one story 

BW would only be a rogue one story if there was a scene in the movie with Thanos showing up out of nowhere to kill off a bunch of nobodies, just to make the fanboys watching wet themselves with excitment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/11/2021 at 7:29 AM, SpiderByte said:

Where was all this sky is falling shit for Fast and Furious or Doctor Strange, both lower than this

I'm super excited about Doc Strage 2 since that looks to be the WandaVision sequel.

Not sure about Fast 10: Dom goes to Mars.

20 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

BW would only be a rogue one story if there was a scene in the movie with Thanos showing up out of nowhere to kill off a bunch of nobodies, just to make the fanboys watching wet themselves with excitment.

I forgot that even happened but they really expected us to believe he went from moving like this..

0b1c2307c83e1ebdeed72e41b9a058ad.gif

b476e7902b0d7d0ee1c0a92e9194926d.gif

To this..

0mTTjH.gif
93ef2c37ffc3e044338ab004f59d280d.gif

before you could say order 66

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Bond and Mission Impossible comparisons make no sense. Those movies are playful and breezy in a way that this is never allowed to be. Has more in common with last year's The Rhythm Section (also bad). I liked that scene at the dinner table with the entire family that was shown in the trailer and some moments towards the end (merely for the fact that they felt like they were actually directed and written by people who want to say something) but the rest of this could've been directed by Kevin Feige himself for all I know. There isn't even much of it, but the action sucks too.

• Disbelief 1

42 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The Bond and Mission Impossible comparisons make no sense. Those movies are playful and breezy in a way that this is never allowed to be. Has more in common with last year's The Rhythm Section (also bad). I liked that scene at the dinner table with the entire family that was shown in the trailer and some moments towards the end (merely for the fact that they felt like they were actually directed and written by people who want to say something) but the rest of this could've been directed by Kevin Feige himself for all I know. There isn't even much of it, but the action sucks too.

The Bond movie directly referenced early on actually foreshadows the 3rd act setpiece. The villain’s fortress certainly feels 007 inspired.

(Whether it’s as good as Bond is up for debate of course, but the 007 influences are there. To a fault it might be Moonraker meshing with Skyfall done in a fashion that you won’t get the best of either tonal Bond approach.)

20 minutes ago, RRA said:

The Bond movie directly referenced early on actually foreshadows the 3rd act setpiece. The villain’s fortress certainly feels 007 inspired.

(Whether it’s as good as Bond is up for debate of course, but the 007 influences are there. To a fault it might be Moonraker meshing with Skyfall done in a fashion that you won’t get the best of either tonal Bond approach.)

Obviously it's inspired by those films (and the fortress is literally inspired by the one from Moonraker), but I just don't get the same vibes. 

I'll also add, Johanson isn't really good for a charismatic action-star role like this (for the exact same reasons she was great at playing an alien in Under the Skin).

• Astonished 1

Movie would've been better if they actually went to space at the end. The finale was typical big CGI action stuff and already jarring with the first 2/3s, so why not go full tilt over the top crazy with it and commit to the absurdity instead of the lame half step. Aside from that, I found it surprisingly decent, first MCU film I've had fun with in a while.

Edited by TheDude391