Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

The BO is less than I was hoping for from presales of course, but pretty strong considering the amount of at home viewing and that virus conditions have backslid instead of continued to improve to a complete nonissue.

52 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Considering the drop, middling ratings from Meta and IMDB are closer to WOM than RT's overinflated 92%. So it isn't the trolls but not-an-event not-a-must-see that hurts it. 

newsflash: films can be popular and frontloaded. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I mean, I never felt like this was really a “must-see event” myself. Out of all the Phase 4 Marvel movies, it was probably the one I was the least curious about. I don’t know how many other people felt that way, though.

It's clear that some of them do... 😂

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Always the way, unfortunately. 

Anyway, 81% on RT with 380 reviews. 
92% verified RT score. A- Cinemascore. Biggest pandemic opening weekend. 

RT audience score for most films seem to be inflated in the pandemic; so I wouldn’t consider that too much.

RT critics score and A- cinemascore proves that it is lower tier MCU film; so many MCU films near the 90% RT critics score and A / A+ Cinemascore.

6 hours ago, poweranimals said:

The problem with that is most people seem to have loved the movie despite a vocal minority complaining.

Vocal minority? Have you seen the film? You really think it is not one of MCU’s weakest entry? How is it vocal minority - more like only fans are saying it is great… lol.

• Disbelief 1

I am genuinely surprised why she didn't sue earlier? PA was announced months ago....

Yeah I meant i read the article and her side claimed Disney weren't responsive, however did she take a wait-and-see approach to see how this does; and now when it doesn't do well - is finally reacting?

Edited by TigerPaw

4 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

I think she thought it will do much better on box office and will give her good profit participation. 

Yeah i think she waited and see, and once it disappointed (it is a Box office disappointment for an MCU film, no question about that), then she reacted..

I think this isn't good PR for her, she is a multi-millionarie, suing the studio that really gave her this role in the first place..

And if her back-end bonus relates to a % of global BO; then we cannot blame Disney entirely for not predicting the lack of China release or delta variant.

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 2

Seems like a classic case of negotiating through the press to me. They’ll probably reach some settlement and I wouldn’t assume any retribution/bad blood to follow.   

From the details in the article this seems pretty open and shut — if the old contract guaranteed a window of exclusivity and they never had her sign a new one.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Yeah i think she waited and see, and once it disappointed (it is a Box office disappointment for an MCU film, no question about that), then she reacted..

I think this isn't good PR for her, she is a multi-millionarie, suing the studio that really gave her this role in the first place..

And if her back-end bonus relates to a % of global BO; then we cannot blame Disney entirely for not predicting the lack of China release or delta variant.

Idk how sympathetic people will be to Disney in this scenario. 

It's obvious why she has waited with lawsuit, now after film is out and has performed for several weeks in Box Office, she has an actual data and numbers to prove the actual harm Disney's release strategy did to its theatrical performance and in result to her back end Box Office bonuses. 

You can't sue someone before an actual harm happens. Only after. 

• Like 8