Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

I'm cool with Disney getting the shaft here. Could have paid her an extra 5 million. Instead it's going to be even behind closed doors with bad press.

Pretty pathetic. Lmao at maximizing her revenue with Disney plus. They give her 1% of that, should be 10%

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Maybe it's just me but I feel Disney have made quite a number of dumb decisions since Chapek took over.

I was on the way writing this. I miss Iger. Chapek has done some really dumb thing.

Anyways, we don't know the details of contract, so no chance in arguing on the merits of case, its just everyone taking sides on their existing Disney love or hate.

As for me, on one hand Disney does gave ScaJo shit ton of money in last 10 years and seems like she's getting $20M+ from this one as well which is HUGE money. It's not like she is only one losing on film, Disney is losing as well, and that is thanks to CoVID. The argument of Disney putting films for more subs, we know ain't really happening, and if we know that, Disney can actually prove that.

So in that regard that's on ScaJo for being petty.

But on other hand corporate brains usually fuck with people, and those need to be taught lesson. So if ScaJo was really hit by Disney in regard of contract, well fuck them.

Being a MCU fan, its sad things coming to this. Wonder how Feige was involved in all this. In past, Disney is often considered to be in good relation with talent. Speaking from Indian experience, writers in Bollywood have often said that Disney India is the best when it come to fair reporting and payment of royalties while others are just...

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2

deadline posted whole lawsuit paper. 

https://deadline.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Complaint_Black-Widow-1-WM.pdf

scarlet has no problem with Marvel, and blamed everything on Disney. good news I guess..

and looks like she wanted another delay.

also no mention of PA bonus, so one of them is lying and playing pr game.

Edited by imbruglia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

deadline posted whole lawsuit paper. 

scarlet has no problem with Marvel, and blamed everything on Disney. good news I guess..

and looks like she wanted another delay.

also no mention of PA bonus, so one of them is lying and playing pr game.

Stuff that makes in lawsuit paper is sometime 😂

on page 14, to imply that MCU film gets repeat viewing in bulk and Disney+ PA release hurt it.

"In fact, the Guinness World Record for the most times seeing the same film in theaters is held by a Marvel fan who saw Avengers: Endgame 191 times in theatres; the previous record was held by a fan who saw Avengers: Infinity War 103 times"

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

4 hours ago, Movie nerd said:

This statement from Disney is freaking rich. 

Playing victim while being 300 bilion $ company and using covid card is cynical and ridiculous on whole new level. 

They lack any self awarness. 

They look like total, unfunny joke. 

Right. They give cared  about covid  they won't charge their audience 30 bucks to see the film lmao.

• Like 1

little Bob is stupid, but even older Bob couldn't do much at this point. It's like many people think Star Wars would be great again as long as KK get out, but the situation is so worse that any individual is very limited.

but anywhere, justiceforblackwidow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

Right. They give cared  about covid  they won't charge their audience 30 bucks to see the film lmao.

They're giving people the option to watch from home.

No one said that option had to be cheap.

Honestly my family of 6 can watch BW at home for 30 bucks. That's a bargain. Taking them to the theater would cost 70+ dollars.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

700 mil in a pandemic? Ehhh

Isn’t furious 9 pretty close to that. BW opened higher.

@charlie Jatinder it would suck to lose Feige over Disney pushing PA. He was definitely adamant about the theatrical experience. 

Edited by eddyxx

10 hours ago, Lokis Legion said:

From the details in the article this seems pretty open and shut — if the old contract guaranteed a window of exclusivity and they never had her sign a new one.

No, contract for such blockbuster would not necessarily do that, because of that time it would have been just impossible to do a non exclusive wide-release, the contract is a copy-paste standard:

. Paragraph 2, titled “ENGAGEMENT,” states: Lender shall furnish Producer the services of Artist to perform the role of ‘Black Widow’ / ‘Natasha Romanova’ in the theatrical motion picture currently entitled ‘Black Widow’ (‘Picture’). For the avoidance of doubt, if Producer in its sole discretion determines to release the Picture, then such release shall be a wide theatrical release of the Picture (i.e., no less than 1,500 screens).

Johansson case is that at the time the contract was signed, both party fully understood the meaning of a wide release to be an exclusive theatrical release with a window of at least 90 days, something Disney side will not try to argue otherwise.

That type of lawsuit is public: