Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

5 hours ago, Giggi said:

Does anybody know how the controversies surrounding Scarlett Johansson might affect this film’s box office performance? I’ve been noticing a lot of hate for her on social media, it seems to have cooled down a bit though.

zero effect , general audience doesn't even know about any controversies 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Giggi said:

Does anybody know how the controversies surrounding Scarlett Johansson might affect this film’s box office performance? I’ve been noticing a lot of hate for her on social media, it seems to have cooled down a bit though.

Fortunately for the movie the supporting actors in this are absolutely lovely

19 hours ago, Giggi said:

What controversy?  Johansson always seems to have some "controversy" around her...mostly because people are jealous. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Giggi said:

I mean they didnt impact Endgame so it's unlikely it'd impact it even further away next year

On 10/13/2019 at 2:01 AM, Giggi said:

Those 'controversies', if there are any, will actually help the movie's box office. Just like the Joker who is a breaking hit now.

18 hours ago, Macleod said:

What controversy?  Johansson always seems to have some "controversy" around her...mostly because people are jealous. 

I remember people were upset a couple of weeks ago when she did an interview defending Woody Allen from sexual abuse allegations. She also has come under fire from people for taking roles from marginalized groups like Asians and trans people and then doubling downing on this by claiming she has a right as an actor to take any role she wants. 

Maybe it’s just my social media feed but I remember seeing a lot of post hating on her, claiming she is overrated etc. Though everything has since died down a bit.

Edited by Giggi

30 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Is Jeremy Renner still going to be part of the MCU?

I think he's toast now. 

Not really the right thread, but since Hawkeye wasnt scheduled until fall 2021 I imagine it'll still move forward unless there's proof to the ex-wife's allegations or they otherwise gain an unusual amount of traction.

• Like 1