Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

1 hour ago, infamous5445 said:

This movie is going to do Winter Soldier numbers. That's my optimistic prediction.

I can see this movie doing a billion. It’s going to be the first mcu movie in a long while and hype will be there for sure. Feige always finds a way to incorporate something that builds things forward.

I’m not saying anything under a billion is a disappointment in any way but I’d be pretty shocked if this didn’t hit at least 750-800m.

Edited by cax16
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, infamous5445 said:

This movie is going to do Winter Soldier numbers. That's my optimistic prediction.

I also think it will make  numbers similar to Winter Soldier (a bit more actually in the $740m-$780m range), this movie had to have been released 4, 5 years ago.

Edited by Marcos12

Im shocked to see this film becoming one of the most under predicted films of next year.

Black Widow is without a doubt a bigger character than both Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel. She also starred and was a major character in the highest grossing movie of all time. Yes, I wholeheartedly agree that this should’ve come out in the phase 2 era of the MCU, yes it’s a prequel to a dead character, but I see the floor being $400M/$1B WW. As mentioned by @cax16, it’s gonna be the first Marvel movie in a while, a 10 month gap and the first since Spider-Man: Far From Home.

Im very hyped to see the first trailer within a couple of days.

Edited by JGAR4LIFE
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Alli said:

If Captain Marvel can make 1B, i see no reason why BW can't make it too.

Not in the middle of a big saga, not a new character , less "spectacular" action movie, 

If BW had been released before Endgame and was her first movie, it would have a good chance of make  $1 bi.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, Marcos12 said:

Not in the middle of a big saga, not a new character , less "spectacular" action movie, 

If BW had been released before Endgame and was her first movie, it would have a good chance of make  $1 bi.

This is good, people are already familiar with her character. It's an advantage. If it's an action movie like they say, these movies usually make bank. I see very close to 1B

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Menor said:

I think all of this is speculation until we see the trailer response etc. But the 10 month wait will definitely help things as the MCU fandom will be hungry for another film.

i think that people give way too much attention to this being a prequel, if the movie looks and see good  they will see it

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Doesn’t matter as much for the next 2 years as ANZAC Day will be on the weekend and in Australia only WA has a make up public holiday on a weekday. 

I did see ANZAC was a Saturday next year but I didn't realise most of Aus didn't have Mondayisation, for some reason I thought you did. We only brought in it a few years ago but it's sweet af. Missing out on public holidays that fall on weekends blows.

As for the talk of what the movie is going to make, personally I keep my expectations low to ensure I don't get disappointed (AoU taught me). For CM and BP I was hoping for $700M and obvs they both blew that out of the the water, but for BW my personal goal is AMaTW to DS numbers. Obviously I hope it makes more, but again, keeping those expectations in check.

I can't wait for the trailer though, Natasha's been a favourite character of mine since the first Avengers movie, so I'm still just amazed that she's finally getting a film for herself after so long. :cloud9:

It’s not that Black widow is more popular then Wonder Woman in the comic world, it’s that she’s now been in the biggest movies ever made and she’s a hugely important and popular character in those movies. So in a way, yes Black Widow is more popular world wide now. And this is coming from a huge dc/WW fan.  

Not trying to turn this into franchise war thread either, just stating my opinion. 

• Like 5
  • Disbelief 1

At this point I'd see any MCU film with a known character getting less than a billion as an underperformance. Yeah, she doesn't have any superpowers and it sometimes feels like they're making the film as an obligation, but the Marvel brand is just too strong now.

Edited by Hatebox

15 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I think BW will do just median for a post TA solo.   

Hide contents

OW: ~ $140M

DOM : ~ 380M

WW: ~960M 

OW and DOM seem fine (perhaps even a bit high) but I think OS would be higher.  

Edited by Menor

5 minutes ago, Menor said:

OW and DOM seem fine (perhaps even a bit high) but I think OS would be higher. 

Yeah, that was more to point out that the average performance of solos since TA has actually been really strong than a super serious considered guess. And interestingly the median OS performance of 58.5th place would probably be better than 580M, since sum of median ranks is not necessarily equal to median rank of sums — it’s just  a hassle to look up so I didn’t bother.

• Like 1