Jump to content
Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

Recommended Posts

How can Scarjo commit herself in so many films within such a short period of time? 

 

EG, jojo rabbit , marriage story & black widow in less than 12 month. All are very centrical role if not, significant part of the film  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

How can Scarjo commit herself in so many films within such a short period of time? 

 

EG, jojo rabbit , marriage story & black widow in less than 12 month. All are very centrical role if not, significant part of the film  

Not really. small movies film faster and she isn't that much in EG anyway. Also, most of action is stunt doubles and SFX so actors have free time. They film a punch throwing close up and hair flipping "transition" between the stunt double and themselves and that's it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Not really. small movies film faster and she isn't that much in EG anyway. Also, most of action is stunt doubles and SFX so actors have free time. They film a punch throwing close up and hair flipping "transition" between the stunt double and themselves and that's it.

But if you include preparation time for each roles, include commitment to marketing push or Oscar campaign post-completion, that is huge amount of time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

People born after 2000 are mainly the general audience. They’re the ones going to the movie theaters, old timers are starting to back away.

 

Not saying Black Widow is a bigger iconic character than Wonder Woman, just that now in the 21st century, she has skyrocketed in popularity thanks to the Avengers and the MCU. And compared to Wonder Woman now, yes she’s arguably more popular.

Source for that ? All the MPAA reports point to the exact opposite direction, theatrical audience is getting older and older at a rapid pace.

 

Has for Black Widow, I doubt it is any close right now, to the point that if you recast that character and make a movie by someone else than Marvel, I feel you loose a ton of the interest. Johansson has Widow in that storyline is quite big, but the character itself kind of doubt it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Source for that ? All the MPAA reports point to the exact opposite direction, theatrical audience is getting older and older at a rapid pace.

 

 

right? i thought the main audience for marvel movies is men aged 15-35

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Has for Black Widow, I doubt it is any close right now, to the point that if you recast that character and make a movie by someone else than Marvel, I feel you loose a ton of the interest. Johansson has Widow in that storyline is quite big, but the character itself kind of doubt it.

Well, yeah, but so what? When people say Black Widow they mean the MCU ScarJo Widow, since it’s become the definitive version in global culture.    
 

A Sony non-MCU recast Tony Stark reboot of Iron Man would do shit too, but Iron Man is still the biggest superhero in the world since I t’s the MCU version that counts.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

But if you include preparation time for each roles, include commitment to marketing push or Oscar campaign post-completion, that is huge amount of time.

yes but if you look at those movies, most of them are ensemble so other actors can pick up the promo slack for example. and since she managed so many in such a short time, it could be done eith good scheduling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Well, yeah, but so what? When people say Black Widow they mean the MCU ScarJo Widow, since it’s become the definitive version in global culture.    
 

A Sony non-MCU recast Tony Stark reboot of Iron Man would do shit too, but Iron Man is still the biggest superhero in the world since I t’s the MCU version that counts.

It is misleading, one could think they are talking about Black Widow when they say Black Widow, specially in the context of saying it is a bigger character than Wonder Woman, that imply to me they are talking about the character.

 

Well there is a difference between a Joker/Batman/James Bond that you can recast all the time and a Ethan Hunt, Iron Man that need an specific actor set in a specific on going franchise imo.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, aladdino said:

right? i thought the main audience for marvel movies is men aged 15-35

 

It change from title to title (spiderman mostly will play younger), but for say a Guardian of the Galaxy and Thor 3 it is much more older than that and quite more female heavy than that.

 

That was Guardian 2 opening weekend:

which is right in line with pretty much all MCU features, and don't be surprised to see that opening weekend total bump up a notch or two and perhaps finish right around $147 million. Audience demographics show the film playing to an audience that was 56% male vs. 44% female, and overall 22% of the audience as 25 years-old or younger and a whopping 72% of the audience were adults while only 9% were teenagers.

 

78% of the audience was 26 or more opening weekend and the older crowd tend to attend movies 14-17 days after release in average, as weeks go on usually movie audience tend to get older and male-female gap to get lower.

 

Thor 3:

Disney exit polls spot 56% men, 44% females, 19% families, 63% over 25 for Ragnarok.

 

There is a reason R-rated is restarting to become more mainstream, the 12-17 is really not what it was in the Harry Potter days/Spider Man 1 days. Movie that played about 50% under 25 not so long ago, tend to be 30-40% under 25 now, there is even often a under over 35 or 50 year's old split on opening weekend trade coverage now, instead of 25.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Barnack said:

It is misleading, one could think they are talking about Black Widow when they say Black Widow, specially in the context of saying it is a bigger character than Wonder Woman, that imply to me they are talking about the character.

 

Well there is a difference between a Joker/Batman/James Bond that you can recast all the time and a Ethan Hunt, Iron Man that need an specific actor set in a specific on going franchise imo.

I agree with this last sentence, but I don’t think that should stop you comparing Ethan Hunt’s popularity to a role that gets recast more. Just means that when you do make the comparison, everybody should understand that you mean “Ethan Hunt as played by Tom Cruise in the Mission Impossible series” and not bother about the hypothetical popularity of a movie with “Ethan Hunt” in a new continuity starring somebody else. Some MCU characters you need to take more of a “averaging over different versions” approach, e.g. Spider-Man, Quicksilver, soon the X-men, because there are multiple recent versions. But most MCU characters are more of an Ethan Hunt, where there is only one version that really matters for public conception of the character and it doens’t make much contextual sense to try to separate some general version of the character from the dominant portrayal.

Edited by Arendelle Legion
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I agree with this last sentence, but I don’t think that should stop you comparing Ethan Hunt’s popularity to a role that gets recast more. Just means that when you do make the comparison, everybody should understand that you mean “Ethan Hunt as played by Tom Cruise in the Mission Impossible series” and not bother about the hypothetical popularity of a movie with “Ethan Hunt” in a new continuity starring somebody else. Some MCU characters you need to take more of a “averaging over different versions” approach, e.g. Spider-Man, Quicksilver, soon the X-men, because there are multiple recent versions. But most MCU characters are more of an Ethan Hunt, where there is only one version that really matters for public conception of the character and it doens’t make much contextual sense to try to separate some general version of the character from the dominant portrayal.

I understand what you’re saying but the poster Barnack and I responded to said that most movie goers are 19 or younger AND that Black Widow is more ICONIC than Wonder Woman. No one would diminish the MCU nor what Scarjo has done with the character but I think both claims merited scrutiny because they are not factual. With all that said, I expect Black Widow to blow up and do huge numbers. Black Panther blew up in a way Spider-Man never has. That does not make him more iconic than Spider Man. It just means that there was more hunger among the general public to see his movie. 

  • Not Cool 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

I understand what you’re saying but the poster Barnack and I responded to said that most movie goers are 19 or younger AND that Black Widow is more ICONIC than Wonder Woman. No one would diminish the MCU nor what Scarjo has done with the character but I think both claims merited scrutiny because they are not factual. With all that said, I expect Black Widow to blow up and do huge numbers. Black Panther blew up in a way Spider-Man never has. That does not make him more iconic than Spider Man. It just means that there was more hunger among the general public to see his movie.

The first claim is not factual. The second is subjective. And per Eric's warning, there is really nothing more to be said about that here.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Barnack said:

 

It change from title to title (spiderman mostly will play younger), but for say a Guardian of the Galaxy and Thor 3 it is much more older than that and quite more female heavy than that.

 

That was Guardian 2 opening weekend:

which is right in line with pretty much all MCU features, and don't be surprised to see that opening weekend total bump up a notch or two and perhaps finish right around $147 million. Audience demographics show the film playing to an audience that was 56% male vs. 44% female, and overall 22% of the audience as 25 years-old or younger and a whopping 72% of the audience were adults while only 9% were teenagers.

 

78% of the audience was 26 or more opening weekend and the older crowd tend to attend movies 14-17 days after release in average, as weeks go on usually movie audience tend to get older and male-female gap to get lower.

 

Thor 3:

Disney exit polls spot 56% men, 44% females, 19% families, 63% over 25 for Ragnarok.

 

There is a reason R-rated is restarting to become more mainstream, the 12-17 is really not what it was in the Harry Potter days/Spider Man 1 days. Movie that played about 50% under 25 not so long ago, tend to be 30-40% under 25 now, there is even often a under over 35 or 50 year's old split on opening weekend trade coverage now, instead of 25.

Endgame 54% under 25, Captain Marvel 45%, Far From Home 56%, Guardians 2 was 43% under 25 (not sure where the 22% number came from), Black Panther 50%, IW 42%, Civil War 49%. And some of these numbers are taken after Thursday previews/Friday night, and generally Saturdays and Sundays bring in younger audiences.

 

Surprisingly Ant-Man and the Wasp was a lot lower with 38% under 25, I would've expected that to get a higher percentage of kids tickets. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Menor said:

Guardians 2 was 43% under 25 (not sure where the 22% number came from),

That from the article above saying:

 and overall 22% of the audience as 25 years-old or younger

 

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/article/ed627049476/

 

That from the first days, could have changed over time obviously or could have been a typo, it was quite older that one.

 

 

 

For example EndGame here:

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-opening-weekend-box-office-record-1202602445/

Updated demos from Disney: 57% males, 43% females. 71% adults, 18% families, 11% teens.

 

I imagine the 18-24 are a big segment for that type of movies, we can agree it was still an audience mostly of people born before 2000.

 

12 minutes ago, Menor said:

Surprisingly Ant-Man and the Wasp was a lot lower with 38% under 25, I would've expected that to get a higher percentage of kids tickets. 

Not too surprising, one of the few hero in that universe that is a parent with family and more grown up concern, with Micheal Douglas-Pfeiffer in the cast.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.