Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

7 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Define “very well.” This seems like it will be lucky to reach AMATW numbers. 

lol how?? Black widow is part of the big 4 (her, thor,iron man and cap), ant man was a supporting role. plus SJ is a WW star whereas paul rudd isnt

Edited by aladdino

Think opening par or bigger CM. There is buzz for OG Avenger flick, which I am not personally feeling but people are.

But legs should be worse, if its quality is par or slightly better CM. If quality is good, may be leg out par or better.

Will be like Civil War. Opening like Avengers film, post weekend bizz like a solo flick, even if it was better than Ultron (and TA:ph34r:). Opening like CM, post weekend bizz like a Ragnarok or Wasp.

Edited by Jedi Jat

1 hour ago, john2000 said:

mostly bc of palmutter, when marvel studios was seperate of marvel entertaiment, it was late, they had already planned phase 3 , 

The fact is this should’ve happened years ago. Glad The success of Wonder Woman and then after that, Captain Marvel gave them the push. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Think opening par or bigger CM. There is buzz for OG Avenger flick, which I am not personally feeling but people are.

But legs should be worse, if its quality is par or slightly better CM. If quality is good, may be leg out par or better.

Captain Marvel was on the higher tier of MCU movies and it's also the highest grossing solo MCU film of all time domestically. (not counting spin-offs like Black Panther). 

Edited by RealLyre
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Will be like Civil War. Opening like Avengers film, post weekend bizz like a solo flick, even if it was better than Ultron (and TA:ph34r:). Opening like CM, post weekend bizz like a Ragnarok or Wasp.

Sub 100m OW and sub 300m total. This is the start of MCU fatigue. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Pugh looks good here, can't judge much else from the teaser except some unpolished CGI which is w/e cus the movie is 5 months away. 

the bar of success for MCU movies in my book is 1 billion+ and dunno if this one will pull it off but it shouldn't have that much trouble, especially with a premium May (or late April) release date.  

Good way to set yourself up for disappointment.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Civil War. Opening like Avengers film, post weekend bizz like a solo flick, even if it was better than Ultron (and TA:ph34r:)

Ultron is easily better than Civil War.

• Like 2

IMO, BW should have been the first solo female hero of MCU because BW was the Queen of MCU for so long and Scarlett earned the right. I'm still salty over her treatment in EG. But better now than never and I guarante you that y'all are underestimating this movie. It looks great, it seems to have a compelling story, great team, great locations, grittier action so I think it'll blow up.

6 minutes ago, andersonhoran said:

Why not take the spot of Spider-Man, Dr Strange, Thor? it had to take the spot of the other female character right

source.gif

it has nothing to do gender, it is about creative choice stop your gender divide, self-important agenda here. The world is not as polarizing as your proclaim    

aeb99887f6489f4fc9e01e540d2df4f87d398620

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

10 minutes ago, aladdino said:

lol how?? Black widow is part of the big 4 (her, thor,iron man and cap), ant man was a supporting role. plus SJ is a WW star whereas paul rudd isnt

If SJ is such a big star, then why is Lucy her only film where she is the main attraction that was actually a hit? Chris Evans is a considerably bigger star and Knives Out looks to be his biggest hit where he played somebody besides Steve Rogers. If he can’t draw an audience without a big, well-known cast, then what you makes you think SJ can? Apart from one scene in Endgame, you could remove Natasha from every Avengers movie and nothing would materially change.

This movie should have been made three years ago. It might have been insightful then. That didn’t happen so now it’s nothing but retconned filler.

9 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Captain Marvel was on the higher tier of MCU movies and it's also the highest grossing solo MCU film of all time domestically. (not counting spin-offs like Black Panther). 

CM also benefited from being sandwiched in between IW and Endgame.

This won’t have the same boost as everyone knows she died in Endgame. I think that’ll be what makes some people consider it “not required viewing”. 

Eh, sure. I am not even sure why I watched this trailer. I’m going to be in the theater Thursday night anyway, so all I really care about is how good the 2 hour version is, doens’t have that much to do with the 2 minute promo.    

It looks fine. Pretty sure Pugh will be the important thing for the bigger MCU coming out of this movie, so hopefully that part goes well. 

Low end 100->280+530

High end 150->410+700

25 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Define “very well.” This seems like it will be lucky to reach AMATW numbers. There is simply nothing flashy about this film and the character has no future. At the very best, the film is a two hour version of one of Marvel’s post credit scenes which teases a new character. Even then, if the other characters in the film are so important, why weren’t they in IW or EG? 

800+ ww ...if stars align then 1b+

2 hours ago, john2000 said:

i wonder if they will keep the may release date eventually

ps yes i know they still have it for may,just saying

They will keep the date since it already includes the Labor Day boost. Moving the release up puts the holiday on Day 8 instead of day 1, makes zero sense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

If SJ is such a big star, then why is Lucy her only film where she is the main attraction that was actually a hit? Chris Evans is a considerably bigger star and Knives Out looks to be his biggest hit where he played somebody besides Steve Rogers. If he can’t draw an audience without a big, well-known cast, then what you makes you think SJ can? Apart from one scene in Endgame, you could remove Natasha from every Avengers movie and nothing would materially change.

This movie should have been made three years ago. It might have been insightful then. That didn’t happen so now it’s nothing but retconned filler.

Maybe you should pay attention then. Natasha was the one who figured out what Loki was trying to do on the helicarrier and later figured out how to close the alien portal.🙄

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4