Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

7 hours ago, Hatebox said:

You also have to contend with the fact that the Trump administration is absolutely terrible at dealing with this. The normal expectations for a developed nation coping with a pandemic don't apply to the US.

God, you beat me to the punch.

The CDC news conference by the POTUS yesterday backfired big time.

I think some people here are still not getting how serious this situation is getting.

As far the impact of the Virus on business and ecnomics go, it is not so much the number of deaths but how people react that is important.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, john2000 said:

announcement this thread is for black widow , your conversation now went to 100% about the virus, what trump does or does not, etc plz stay on the topic of this thread

Someone on twitter joked a few days ago "enjoy the last week of talking about anything other than the coronavirus."

That also applies to box office. It's going to have a material affect on movies' revenues, it'd be crazy to ignore it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Someone on twitter joked a few days ago "enjoy the last week of talking about anything other than the coronavirus."

That also applies to box office. It's going to have a material affect on movies' revenues, it'd be crazy to ignore it.

Flu season is usually over by May.

18 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Rumor is a trailer in 6 hours.  If tickets go on sale then I think first 24 hours will be near meaningless.

It must be 3x what F9 did else what's the point even. May be Women's day was better day to trailer and tickets.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

It must be 5x what F9 did else what's the point even. May be Women's day was better day to trailer and tickets.

I mean, it could be below F9 and it won’t be cause for alarm. I am MCU presale nut, but won’t be bothering this time if they’re still pretending May 1 date.

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Also hopefully this trailer is good else I see the film bombing if cost is $200mn plus.

i dont think thats a good way to judge a movie, regardless of what you thought about the first teaser, it got very big buzz

• Like 6

I think Disney is overconfident. they should delay Black Widow. There isnt so much competition in summer or during winter break. They can move Black Widow to summer or eternals’ weekend and then delay eternals to december. 

• Thanks 1