Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

7 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Push Widow to November and Eternals to XMas.

Eternals to next year and I agree, it looks like 1st unit got shut down on Shang-Chi (Director is being tested for the virus) so that might not make next year depending on how things go there may be a slot open. 

Edited by Jamiem

3 minutes ago, Eric Lightfoot said:

This will get Eternals' slot, Eternals will get Shang-Chi's slot, Shang-Chi will get Strange's slot, Strange will get Thor's slot, and so on. Quote me on this

They could move Strange to late summer if its ready and still release 3 movies if they want. Summer seems crowded with Batman/Spider-man/JW3 etc. But some of them will move with shooting schedules impacted. It will take a while to know the exact impact. 

3 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Batman may shut down production any day now as they are shooting in UK. So who knows which summer movie will keep their dates...

Like I said, the good thing about Batman is that it started shooting quite early. Maybe a delay by a month at worst imo (maybe they move replace it with The Suicide Squad).

3 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Batman may shut down production any day now as they are shooting in UK. So who knows which summer movie will keep their dates...

This is where WB have a big advantage over Disney. They seem to start shooting lot earlier. Production for Batman has been going for 2 months(exactly on the dot). Disney seem to have smaller windows between production start and release. That should help with the budget but has bigger risks when we have a black swan event like this. 

We will know in next few months if there are delays. It all depends on how long shooting have to be shutdown. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eric Lightfoot said:

This will get Eternals' slot, Eternals will get Shang-Chi's slot, Shang-Chi will get Strange's slot, Strange will get Thor's slot, and so on. Quote me on this

This would be simpler in the “only movies” era. With WV and Loki connecting to DS2, and D+ needing a steady supply of high value IP content, I imagine all the calculations they have to balance get really tricky and I have no clue what the outcome is.

20 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

They could move Strange to late summer if its ready and still release 3 movies if they want. Summer seems crowded with Batman/Spider-man/JW3 etc. But some of them will move with shooting schedules impacted. It will take a while to know the exact impact. 

10 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

This would be simpler in the “only movies” era. With WV and Loki connecting to DS2, and D+ needing a steady supply of high value IP content, I imagine all the calculations they have to balance get really tricky and I have no clue what the outcome is.

Hmm...you guys do have a good point...and Disney does have an untitled date for late July...Sony might have to wait until 2022 for the next Spidey joint...eh, y'all right.

• Sad 1

Just now, Eric Lightfoot said:

Hmm...you guys do have a good point...and Disney does have an untitled date for late July...Sony might have to wait until 2022 for the next Spidey joint...eh, y'all right.

Tom Rothman would never bow down to the Mouse. Everything moves but Spidey

41 minutes ago, Eric Lightfoot said:

I’ve quoted you. Now what do I do?