Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I don't think Disney did much for Mulan beyond the release date announcements since almost the movie's entire marketing budget was spent (any displays were likely from earlier this year since theaters have been closed since this and everything else was delayed). Not a whole lot of marketing money has been spent on this yet.

Obviously everything needs to be taken one day at a time but the chances of this going to VOD in any situation are slim given that the MCU is arguably the hottest ticket in theaters these days. Soul, on the other hand...

But they can't release it in theaters during a pandemic. Like they can't with Mulan.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 10:46 AM, Arendelle Legion said:

Like, obviously it conveys that Disney would like to theatrically release it on Nov 6 if conditions are such that they think it’s a good idea financially compared to the alternatives. But we already knew that. Disney has no control over whether those conditions will actually be in place then or not. They are at the mercy of reality, just as are all the other studios.

And the November release might be just in time for the cold weather resurgence in the virus we all know is coming (if you pay attention to the real experts that is).

I would not put a lot of stock in the posters coming out. 

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 10:00 AM, Arendelle Legion said:

Bingo. But it seems some people just want to stick their fingers in their ears and “la la la can’t hear you” so that they can pretend the financial situation on VOD vs theatrical is somehow anything close to normal :hahaha:

You are seeing a lot of this around here.

I think we have a lot of fanboys who are living in their cocoon and don't like reality intruding, and are trying to ignore it.That always works well...

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 10:46 AM, Arendelle Legion said:

Like, obviously it conveys that Disney would like to theatrically release it on Nov 6 if conditions are such that they think it’s a good idea financially compared to the alternatives. But we already knew that. Disney has no control over whether those conditions will actually be in place then or not. They are at the mercy of reality, just as are all the other studios.

Well, one studio decided to test reality. *cough*WB*cough* Anyway, I expect a bomb-like opening with Tenet and once that happens the 2020 movie calendar is finished this year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 1

3 hours ago, CloneWars said:

Well, one studio decided to test reality. *cough*WB*cough* Anyway, I expect a bomb-like opening with Tenet and once that happens the 2020 movie calendar is finished this year.

At this point, I don't see a reason it won't happen. BW can either move to Feb finally or D+.

• ...wtf 2

Pre-sales are strong for Tenet and in the countries, where it's already released, I heard of sold-out screenings (e.g. in Norway). In one cinema in my city in Germany, they have a screening on thursday with 90 sold tickets and that's just one cinema and one screening. In China alone, it's projected to make 100M. I strongly believe, Tenet will make its money back, even with close to no BO from the US. And if that's the case, WW84 and Dune (if it's ready) are going to stay in 2020 and maybe Black Widow will be theatrically released after all.

On 8/20/2020 at 4:47 PM, imbruglia said:

kii1c-how-and-when-would-you-prefer-to-w

1. for Wonder Woman, Black Widow, A Quiet Place Part 2

2. for Mulan, but I’m not paying £20, so I’ll just wait 

I’m not interested in James Bond, Fast and Furious or Top Gun.

I’ll create a new category for Tenet

4. I wasn’t planning on ever seeing it, but I have tickets booked now to see it in the cinema, just because it’s a new release.

5 hours ago, Binary said:
Apparently there's a new Black Widow trailer showing in theaters 

EgddV05XYCYCYXa?format=jpg&name=small

Conspicuously missing the "coming to/only in theaters" things a lot of the other films that plan on a theatrical release have on their trailers. Hm.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

12 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yeah but your argument is that the trailer at the end indicated Black Widow going to Disney+ because it's missing "coming to theatres" is a reach. 

I'm saying they're clearly leaving the door open for it. Compared to say, Wonder Woman's ads.

IDK why people think the idea of Black Widow going on Premier Access is nuts.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

26 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I'm saying they're clearly leaving the door open for it. Compared to say, Wonder Woman's ads.

IDK why people think the idea of Black Widow going on Premier Access is nuts.

It's certainly on the table but I'm just saying in this instance it's making something out of nothing. The trailer ending page is the exact same as the most recent Black Widow trailer before the movie got moved. Not sure why you're so obsessed with seeing all movies go to streaming. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kitik said:

I had actually avoided that trailer for the last few months, so when I saw it in front of New Mutants a few days ago, it was 100% new to me. It played really well on the big screen.

I've avoided all footage besides the first trailer released last December and I had to think about whether I'd watch the second trailer if it comes up in front of Tenet. On one hand I want to see as much of it as fresh as I can when I do (finally) see it, but on the other what if they put it straight on Disney+ and I never get to see that footage on the big screen?

I decided I'll look away if it does show in front of Tenet, which I think it most likely will because what the hell else is there to show at the moment. Maybe I'll regret it but I'm glad to hear it played well on the big screen. Now I'm just praying I get to see the movie in theatres - I care a lot less about when that is and much more about where.

• Like 1