Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

On 9/9/2020 at 3:30 PM, Saul Goodman said:

Maybe it will take the Thanksgiving weekend or sometime in December.

There's no reason to think conditions will be any better then than they are now. BW moves to 2021, probably in early summer, or it goes the POV route. I don't foresee any expensive movies being released theatrically for the remainder of the year.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

Until a credible, proven vaccine becomes widely available, I think anything over a 60 million budget gets either VOD or punted down the road. I also think Marvel doesn't want to kick back their entire slate again, especially now that filming has finally gotten underway on a lot of their stuff and they need to keep that on schedule. Combined with the fact that Marvel's Disney+ shows seem unlikely to make 2020 (maybe Falcon in December by the skin of its teeth), a big, Marvel branded AAA list title would be pretty damn good for Disney.

As for the Deadline report, I'm just going to point this out (and this I'll admit is a bit of a reach, but bear with me), that it said that Black Widow was changing release dates...which wouldn't necessarily mean it's being delayed.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

credible vaccine will be come out years later. early vaccine can't be trusted.

the fact that korea gov said we won't do it to our people right away and wait for result/side effect from other countries... lol

it's not just anti vaccine cult, but many knows early vaccine can be dangerous. so it will take really long time.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, tree said:

It's perfectly safe to go to a cinema. If it was dangerous to go to the cinema they would not be allowed to open.

if it was perfectly safe to go to a cinema they would be not be mandating masks. it's as risky as any other in-door activity. but to call it "perfectly safe" is an exaggeration and depends on the pandemic situation in your area. and whether you were already infected and or have been vaccinated.

Edited by RealLyre
  • Like 4
  • ...wtf 1

9 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

if it was perfectly safe to go to a cinema they would be not be mandating masks. it's as risky as any other in-door activity. but to call it "perfectly safe" is an exaggeration and depends on the pandemic situation in your area. and whether you were already infected and or have been vaccinated.

It's not an exaggeration. It is just as safe as, say, going to the supermarket.

You expose yourself to risks all the time. You want to say it is "risky" to go to the cinema. Even though the statistical probability of such action causing your death or severe harm, is EXTREMELY low / unlikely.

You take risks all the time. When you get in your car you take the risk that you could crash the car and die. But because the chance of that happening is so low, you decide the benefit outweighs the risk.

The same is true for going to the shop, going to the cinema, going to the pub, whatever. 

There is always a risk when you interact with others, that you could catch a flu. And a small portion of people who catch flu sadly die. But it is unlikely to happen in any event.

7 minutes ago, doublejack said:

This is a lie. Turn off Fox News, it has damaged you.

I have never watched fox news in my life, fortunately it isn't broadcast outside of the US. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, tree said:

It's not an exaggeration. It is just as safe as, say, going to the supermarket.

You expose yourself to risks all the time. You want to say it is "risky" to go to the cinema. Even though the statistical probability of such action causing your death or severe harm, is EXTREMELY low / unlikely.

You take risks all the time. When you get in your car you take the risk that you could crash the car and die. But because the chance of that happening is so low, you decide the benefit outweighs the risk.

The same is true for going to the shop, going to the cinema, going to the pub, whatever. 

There is always a risk when you interact with others, that you could catch a flu. And a small portion of people who catch flu sadly die. But it is unlikely to happen in any event.

as i stated it depends on the pandemic situation in your area. if you were driving in an area with a high rate of car accidents and people don't pay attention to traffic. would you feel as safe as if you were driving in place where people drive normally? I don't disagree that it's safe to go to a cinema but it's more relative than you think.

btw when I said as risky. I meant risk of catching the virus. not risk of dying/severe harm. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

as i stated it depends on the pandemic situation in your area. if you were driving in an area with a high rate of car accidents and people don't pay attention to traffic. would you feel as safe as if you were driving in place where people drive normally? I don't disagree that it's safe to go to a cinema but it's more relative than you think.

btw when I said as risky. I meant risk of catching the virus. not risk of dying/severe harm. 

Sure. Like you say it is relative. Given the distancing implemented in cinemas, I would say it is very low / acceptable risk for the benefit you get. I acknowledge that obviously you are spending a long time near others but I would wager that people get closer to you in a supermarket than they do in the cinema.

Given how empty cinemas sadly are currently, it is very easy to sit VERY far apart from other people. 

As for your last comment: What is the problem of catching the virus if it doesn't cause harm... ?

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, tree said:

It's perfectly safe to go to a cinema. If it was dangerous to go to the cinema they would not be allowed to open.

If it was perfectly safe they wouldn't be opening at 30 percent capacity and a Christopher Nolan movie wouldn't be underperforming to the degree that the studio won't even release actuals.

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 1

6 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

If it was perfectly safe they wouldn't be opening at 30 percent capacity and a Christopher Nolan movie wouldn't be underperforming to the degree that the studio won't even release actuals.

Tenet flopped therefore cinemas are unsafe.

giphy.gif

Mate the literal REASON that these restrictions on capacity have been introduced, is so that customer are SAFE when the go to the cinema....

The logic on this forum never fails to amaze....

2 hours ago, tree said:

I have never watched fox news in my life, fortunately it isn't broadcast outside of the US. 

I see. That gives me more context on your position. I can understand where your view of going to theaters being safe comes from. In the US, it is not safe to go to a theater. They should not be open, but are allowed to because of politics above all else. Internationally it is a different situation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tree said:

that is ... optimistic at best.

Financial pressure, political POVs,... many things can be a reason to allow things that are rather dangerous. Or not avoid things others will get damaged by later on. Money still talks.

No matter if its e.g. about building an atomic power plant directly over a known earthquake location, selling weapons to people not suited for those, sell houses that are known per chosen construction/material type-location combis to have or get dangerous (like deadly dangerous) mildew, or at locations with contaminated water supply, and so on.

• Like 1