Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

2 hours ago, tree said:

Tenet flopped therefore cinemas are unsafe.

giphy.gif

Mate the literal REASON that these restrictions on capacity have been introduced, is so that customer are SAFE when the go to the cinema....

The logic on this forum never fails to amaze....

Trying to make it safe does not magically mean it actually is safe. If they were really working that well more people would be showing up

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

someone really doesn't understand how this virus works..lol

all of indoor place is dangerous. there's no safe zone.

theater is highly dangerous place because A. you sit there for 2 hours, B. there's no Ventilation from outside air. so virus will circulating in that room for hours. and spreading more with air conditioner which just circulate same air in room.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, doublejack said:

I see. That gives me more context on your position. I can understand where your view of going to theaters being safe comes from. In the US, it is not safe to go to a theater. They should not be open, but are allowed to because of politics above all else. Internationally it is a different situation.

Why are cinemas safe in my country but not in the USA? A virus does not care whether it's infecting Americans or Brits.

My country has more deaths per population than the US by the way.

59 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

that is ... optimistic at best.

Financial pressure, political POVs,... many things can be a reason to allow things that are rather dangerous. Or not avoid things others will get damaged by later on. Money still talks.

No matter if its e.g. about building an atomic power plant directly over a known earthquake location, selling weapons to people not suited for those, sell houses that are known per chosen construction/material type-location combis to have or get dangerous (like deadly dangerous) mildew, or at locations with contaminated water supply, and so on.

I have to disagree.

The government doesn't get any money from cinemas. There is not some shady executives at Cineworld doing deals with the government lol.

Yes they want to get the economy open. Quite rightly in my opinion the economy is more important than some virus.

Anyway So they have opened businesses which ARE safe (shops - cinemas - gyms - restaurants) and have kept closed the ones deemed NOT safe (nightclubs - concert halls etc).

• Knock It Off 1

8 minutes ago, tree said:

Yes they want to get the economy open. Quite rightly in my opinion the economy is more important than some virus.

And therein lies the essential difference in psychology lately (and perhaps through all of modern history), putting money above humanity, and why these matters will never be resolved without some anxiousness and argument, no matter which point of view you hold. 

BLACK WIDOW goes to DISNEY+ in the US sometime in the next 6-10 months. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

27 minutes ago, Macleod said:

And therein lies the essential difference in psychology lately (and perhaps through all of modern history), putting money above humanity, and why these matters will never be resolved without some anxiousness and argument, no matter which point of view you hold. 

WTF you mean "money above humanity"?

Do you actually know what money is used for ??

As a result of lockdown we have HUGE levels of unemployment. And its going to get worse.

People who have lost their job will be unable to provide for their families. They will have worse health. They are vulnerable to homelessness.  Also leads to more depression which results in more suicide.

Destroying the job market does massive harm to MILLIONS and MILLIONS of people. FAR more people than the virus will ever kill.

I could not give a rats arse about saving big corporations who are crying about going out of business. But within those companies are humans, whose livelihoods are being killed off by the government in the name of "saving lives". When it will do the exact opposite.

If you have no job you will have a lot less money. Without MONEY you cannot SURVIVE.

Do not DARE accuse me of being "inhumane". Get stuffed mate.

Edited by tree
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Yeah, cause that worked out well for Mulan.[/sarcasm]

MULAN had a whole other series of issues that BLACK WIDOW apparently doesn't.  The signs (and rumors) were there earlier this year that Disney was not confident in the film.  BW has the whole Marvel enterprise behind it; they can take a hit or two, even though this movie probably should have been made a few years ago, already...

Edited by Macleod

1 hour ago, tree said:

Why are cinemas safe in my country but not in the USA? A virus does not care whether it's infecting Americans or Brits.

My country has more deaths per population than the US by the way.

I have to disagree.

The government doesn't get any money from cinemas. There is not some shady executives at Cineworld doing deals with the government lol.

Anyway So they have opened businesses which ARE safe (shops - cinemas - gyms - restaurants) and have kept closed the ones deemed NOT safe (nightclubs - concert halls etc).

yep. Although the hysteria is starting to kick off again in the U.K. today. 

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

My guess is probably 2. I think Disney's done with delaying stuff endlessly.

2 is unlikely to happen since The Mandolorian season 2 starts on Oct 30 and will run until mid December based on the season 1 schedule. Most likely it will be delayed until Feb. They only have 3 movies on schedule right now for 2021 and can easily push Eternals to May and Shangchi to July. With Spidey 3 possibly delayed and BP2 almost certainly delayed they have a bit of room to work with. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, imbruglia said:

someone really doesn't understand how this virus works..lol

all of indoor place is dangerous. there's no safe zone.

theater is highly dangerous place because A. you sit there for 2 hours, B. there's no Ventilation from outside air. so virus will circulating in that room for hours. and spreading more with air conditioner which just circulate same air in room.

A lot of people don't understand  how the covid virus..or any virus's work.

Which is a sad comment on the state ot teaching science and health in our schools.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

I agree with the first paragrpah, but I think BW will get a theatrical release. Too much to be made in the US domestic marker for it to go to Disney +.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lion Roar said:

2 is unlikely to happen since The Mandolorian season 2 starts on Oct 30 and will run until mid December based on the season 1 schedule. Most likely it will be delayed until Feb. They only have 3 movies on schedule right now for 2021 and can easily push Eternals to May and Shangchi to July. With Spidey 3 possibly delayed and BP2 almost certainly delayed they have a bit of room to work with. 

Why does Mandalorian matter at all? People can see a movie and an episode of TV during the same week

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lion Roar said:

Delaying it to Feb is pointless if they're just going to delay it again in Feb anyways. Premier Access wasn't made by accident.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I agree with the first paragrpah, but I think BW will get a theatrical release. Too much to be made in the US domestic marker for it to go to Disney +.

This but... it's gonna make WAY more overseas than it ever will in the US lol