Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Why do you think the situation will be any better next year? 

Because this whole thing will be over at some point next year when either: 1) vaccine is widely available; or 2) everyone has already caught it

Vaccine IS coming, just don't know for sure when. I personally think a dependable, safe vaccine will be made by the end of this year. Others think it will take longer etc.

But regardless, can delay the movie till next year, or 2022, whenever doesn't really matter tbh. My point is the same .

• Like 1

21 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Or they can break even or make a small profit now and continue with the MCU rather than delay everything by another couple months.

A few more months of delay is no big deal. If Sony is doing ti for James Bond, Disney can do it for Black Widow and the MCU.

And early reactions from other studios indicate Tenat box office has not impressed them.

You seem to be living in La La Land where as the reality of Tenat at the boc ofifce is concerned.

21 hours ago, tree said:

Black Widow is a prequel. It doesn't matter if it's released today or in 3 years time. Obviously there will be some small connections to upcoming Marvel shows/movies but Black Widow is the one single MCU film which isn't actually constrained by its release slot.

It's not a spoiler because it has been talked about publicly, including by the director, but one of the main threads of the BW movie is to pass the torch. In that respect, it will have a very major impact on future MCU content. These are made to be released sequentially, even if they don't occur in chronological order. Maybe Eternals or some other origin / stand alone films can be released out of order with BW, but BW itself does have constraints.

18 hours ago, tree said:

Because this whole thing will be over at some point next year when either: 1) vaccine is widely available; or 2) everyone has already caught it

Vaccine IS coming, just don't know for sure when. I personally think a dependable, safe vaccine will be made by the end of this year. Others think it will take longer etc.

But regardless, can delay the movie till next year, or 2022, whenever doesn't really matter tbh. My point is the same .

It's not expected to be ready till early-mid next year, and it won't be widespread instantly. No way they push this to next July.

Edited by SpiderByte

Very small sample size (obviously) and limited to here in the US, but I have not talked to anyone, in any political group/education level/age category, who plans to go to the movies until there is a vaccine.  It just isn't deemed worth it to consume something for pure entertainment like that, as opposed to going to the grocery store, school. or work, which most of us have to do.  I'd love to see this on the big screen.  But, I can wait, or I can watch it on streaming one day and that won't be the end of the world.  I personally hope Disney waits for next summer.  Same group of people all are very, very excited to go back to the theaters when there is a decent vaccine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

23 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Unless other stuff including the shows tie into elements established in this, which rumors say there is. Delaying Black Widow to 2021 also means delaying everything else.

So did other franchises. For MCU, you can have four movies a year catch up with the old schedule in two years.

1 hour ago, xiazhi said:

So did other franchises. For MCU, you can have four movies a year catch up with the old schedule in two years.

In a normal situation that might be possible - to the degree it also means more big budgets within the same month, as other studios wont have to reduce their output.

In the actual situation incl the near future (3 years and later), it might be only possible, if accepting a considerable income decline, as all studios have lots of movies on the waiting line.

Juggler needed in the release dates planning offices

And the merchandise organizing offices

And the ...-

7 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Oh my god, it's beautiful. :wub: I know it's because of the delay but BW getting two Total Film covers this year is amazing. 

They showed the second trailer in front of Tenet this past weekend and while I took a couple of peeks I didn't watch it overall. As for when they'll release it, who the hell knows. I never though Mulan would be sent to Disney+ in a million years, so I now officially assume nothing. Although with how Tenet unfortunately under-performed I think the current release date is a stretch. But again, who knows. At this point in time I just want to see it in theatres, the thought of having to watch it at home is gutting tbh.

9 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Promo starting up is a good sign. I'm still doubtful they'll want to be the first major release after Tenet though

Unfortunately, I have both the Empire covers for Wonder Woman that had the June date. Candyman is Total Film’s current cover star. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, terrestrial said:

In a normal situation that might be possible - to the degree it also means more big budgets within the same month, as other studios wont have to reduce their output.

In the actual situation incl the near future (3 years and later), it might be only possible, if accepting a considerable income decline, as all studios have lots of movies on the waiting line.

Juggler needed in the release dates planning offices

And the merchandise organizing offices

And the ...-

It's the new norm of Hollywood. We have no choice but accept it.