Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

I'd pay 20 quid on top of the subscription fee for Black Widow. Hopefully if they go down the D+ route they don't to greedy, keep a lower price, even if that comes with a limited 72 hrs or smth rental, rather than ownership... 

But Soul? I would be content to wait.

• ...wtf 1

7 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

keep a lower price, even if that comes with a limited 72 hrs or smth rental, rather than ownership... 

I think that something that explore, specially if ownership is not really close to ownership (i.e. need the D+ account to play it and in a short windows you get into the same case than all users anyway).

I feel they will either augment the gap between early buyer and non buyer or lower the price.

Edited by Barnack

On 1/10/2018 at 11:00 PM, marveldcfox said:

Too late. Even if they do make it, can  it be R rated like Red Sparrow? Lastly, I don't like the portrayal of the character in MCU. 

Accidentally went to first page and lmao remember the two months people were talking about "Red Sparrow will be the Black Widow movie we demanded!" and then Red Sparrow was a total piece of shit

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, RealLyre said:

wasn't Mulan unsuccessful on Disney+? doesn't make much sense to throw in two other high profile blockbusters to it if the first one didn't do well (if the estimates from 3rd party sites are to be believed).

There are estimates saying Mulan made $261M in the US through Sept 12th. If that’s pretty accurate, it makes sense to throw them to Disney+ instead of continually delaying

• ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

There are estimates saying Mulan made $261M in the US through Sept 12th.

I don't believe this for a second. The lack of hype for Mulan is palpable. It flopped imo. Hell, it bombed even in China. I can;'t wait for the official numbers, but i don't think they are good. Disney would have made a big deal if those 261M numbers were even close to accurate

Edited by Maggie
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

I don't believe this for a second. The lack of hype for Mulan is palpable. It flopped imo. Hell, it bombed even in China. I can;'t wait for the official numbers, but i don't think they are good. Disney would have made a big deal if those 261M numbers were even close to accurate

I have no idea where you got the idea that financial data works on your opinion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A BLACK WIDOW drop on Disney+ in the US by Christmas means a guaranteed quarter of a million at least that they would not get in theaters anytime soon, giving Disney some modicum of Q4 2020 survival, which they desperately need.  Marvel/Disney will have to adapt to the times.  Mulan was an anomaly.  MCU is obviously more guaranteed revenue.  One or both of these are going to Disney+ in the US. 

Europe, probably theatrically at Christmas or New Year.  Either way, they will try to keep it fairly simultaneous worldwide with BW, of course. 

BOND and WW84 will move to 2021, as studios will make one more attempt to give it a go with theaters... 

If I were WB, I would drop DUNE where it is.  But we'll see...

The wake of TENET continues...

Edited by Macleod
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 2

2 hours ago, Inceptionzq said:

There are estimates saying Mulan made $261M in the US through Sept 12th. If that’s pretty accurate, it makes sense to throw them to Disney+ instead of continually delaying

One estimate has that, and its 2-3 times more than any others, hence unlikely to be true based on it being the anomaly. Not to mention Disney themselves would have mentioned something. 

It's not impossible, but unlikely. Perhaps we will eventually find out more. 

46 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

If that 260 million number is true, or even halfway accurate, I can't see it not going to Disney+. Guess we'll see.

I mean, there's a big difference between 260 and 130 million. Don't get me wrong, it's still a big number and a studio would badly need that money right about now, but still, a big difference. And when you have a 200 million production, that obviously plays a large factor in whether they delay for theatrical or not. 

There's also the fact that Europe might become a doubt for theatrical - anything can happen in terms of lockdowns and shuttering of venues/further reducing capacity (or, at the very least, consumer confidence likely decreasing even more) so if a theatrical revenue is impossible for a lot of major markets, then it's performance on D+ would need to be extraordinary to make up for it. 

Personally, I would want to see it on the big screen, but I'll settle for D+ since I just want a superhero fix... 

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Where’d you hear that?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nearly-onethird-of-us-households-purchased-mulan-on-disney-for-30-fee-data-221410961.html

It is just one estimate, so take it as you will. But I agree with SpiderByte. Even if this estimate is off by a big chunk, that still should make Disney+ Black Widow more and more likely.

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 2

11 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

I mean, there's a big difference between 260 and 130 million. Don't get me wrong, it's still a big number and a studio would badly need that money right about now, but still, a big difference. And when you have a 200 million production, that obviously plays a large factor in whether they delay for theatrical or not. 

130 million domestic is still better than almost every movie that's come out in 2020, and better than any theatrical release will probably get in the rest of 2020.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

The news comes from a report filed by analytics research firm 7Park Data. The company, which relies on AI-powered algorithms processing “raw, unstructured datasets,” reported Wednesday that between Sept. 4 and Sept. 12, Mulan was purchased by nearly 29 percent of Disney+ subscribers in the U.S.

(this equates to 9 million purchases = $260 million revenue)

I personally don't believe that 30% of subscribers paid for Mulan in week #1. Sorry but that seems incredibly unlikely and not in line with any of the other tracking estimates. I thought that according to Disney it was not even the most watched film that week. Which would make this number impossible.

Edited by Avatree