Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

12 hours ago, dudalb said:

I have been saying all along there is just a big psycholocial barrier fo people to pay that much to see a movie on streaming Underline Movie. Disney got away with charging really high prices for Hamilton because they sold it as a special unique Broadway event. They failed to do that with Mulan.

I could have missed a live and unique ppv of Hamilton at a high cost you could be referring to, but on D+ it was a non unique (it is still there) and "free" with an D+ account Hamilton no ? They removed the free trials completely just before Hamilton, so it was all paying but not a specially high price.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I have been saying all along there is just a big psycholocial barrier fo people to pay that much to see a movie on streaming Underline Movie. Disney got away with charging really high prices for Hamilton because they sold it as a special unique Broadway event. They failed to do that with Mulan.

6.99 is "really high prices" now?

Edited by SpiderByte

On 9/18/2020 at 11:11 AM, Daxtreme said:

30% is a highly improbable number. I'd wager that 50% of people who pay for disney+ don't even open the app more than once a month, let alone pay an addition $30 to watch a movie they probably don't even know is on the service.

Bullshit number if you ask me

People and account is often really different for something like that.

Say Disney+ account are shared in average by 2 household, 30% of account would only be 15% of "users", it would still be really high and a bit of an oversimplification, but a bit like those giant account % number of Netflix, those can be boosted if there is many users by account.

On a regular basis at least one of the many people that share the D+ account password will have opened the app.

And, yes, people like to go out with family and.or friends on occasion ,get out of the house. Someghint a lot of people ehre who are procliaming the death of theaters just don't get.

Hamilton also has the benefit of being a cultural phenomenon that didn’t need streaming revenue to make back its production budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

If they're going to delay it....maybe move it to West Side Story's current date? Could give WB a reason to bump WW into 2021 and off Christmas too.

WB is locked in for IMAX on that date besides I think BW is either 2021 or premier Disney+.

• ...wtf 1

56 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I mean, are they any more locked in than they were when it was going to be in IMAX in October?

True mainly because we have no idea theaters will be opening in December but Dune and I think parts of WW84 where filmed in IMAX. Widow can get them if WW84/Dune moves but even then we don’t know what the pandemic will be like in the next few months. Either way, I think Disney would want the most screen control so Widow seems most likely for next year where things are slowly back to normal or going to Disney+ to speed up the rest of the MCU.

• ...wtf 1

6 hours ago, Darth Homer said:

Everyone knows it's going to be delayed. I wonder why they're waiting to make the announcement.

They might not have decided on a new date yet

BUt if it moves it will not to be Christmas, 2020, since there is a excellent change that the Covid situation will be worse in December then in November.

19 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

So apparently that Investor Day date, despite being listed officially by the site that hosted the last one, is in fact not real. So who the hell knows when we're getting updates as to what may be moving where etc.

Investor Day is not the same as the quarterly and annual reports. Investor day is just another PR gummick, bu tthe quarterly and annual reports to the investors and the government are serious. Lying on an official report gets you into big legal trouble.

And I don't think Disney itself knows about reschudling yet. They are keeping their options open.

and watching the Covid numbers very closely. The million dollar question is when where the inevitable COld Weather caused Second Wave hit.

Edited by dudalb

4 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Wait, NOTHING is going to D+?

This must be a mistake.

According to several members here, Mulan was a huge success, and it was locked that every single Disney movie would follow the same route. :rofl: :rofl: 

Don’t count your chickens before Soul hatches.

• ...wtf 1