Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

2 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

I think it's notable that the Cruella trailer was 5.28.21 and the Luca trailer was "summer."   

I think Cruella is sticking pretty much come hell or high water, but BW, Luca, Shang-Chi, Jungle Cruise are all subject to one last round of shuffling as the situation demands.

Pixar teasers always does this, i don´t think it means something special

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

If you’re a US citizen living in the US reading this message and you strongly desire a vaccine, you’ll have had a 2nd shot by May 7. It’s that’s simple 

51 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Doubtful in major metros and uber-urban areas...in my metro, I'm up to 40K on the waitlist now, but I'm part of 1B - we still won't be starting "norms" til  early April or later b/c there are 80K behind me on the waitlist, and we are getting 18-20K 1st doses/week (and we have 1C folks to get through after 1B before we hit "norms").  The metro is hoping to get more 1st doses/week soon, but it hasn't yet (it went from 16K/week Feb to 19K/week for 1st 2 weeks of March)...

My 81 year old father just got clearance over the weekend for his first shot (we scheduled it for tomorrow) through Kaiser. He's in Tier 1B.  

Also, I would add that full effectiveness is a while after the second shot, but that's neither here nor there for when the actual shot is in an arm.

Given how long it took Kaiser to get to pops I'll probably go off network whenever Tier 2 (or possibly 1c depending on how difficult it is to get clearance for that) opens up.  Just noting that folks who are waiting to go through their health care provider might have issues making it to the second shot and waiting the 14+ days after the second shot.

• Like 2

All I know is last we heard Disney was going to make the decision on Black Widow in "3-4 weeks", and that was 4 weeks ago. If it is April/May, they'd need to announce it since it's time to start promotion, and if it's not they'd need to announce the delay so they can sort out the domino affect it'll have on the rest of their/everyone else's slate.

Edited by SpiderByte

38 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Seems like a lot of local competition shaping up on Labor Day tbh, though I’m not sure how strong any of them will be. @Gavin Feng, any insight? 

None of these titles have strong buzz at this point. I don't think any of them could be a threat to Black Widow if the marvel title get confirmed to land on the holiday.

However, Chinese Doctors, the first feature-length movie focused on anti epidemic story, might go Labor Day after the chairman of Bona Film Group hinted the title was eyeing on spring period yesterday. The local drama has the same cast and crew from The Captain, which made $407M box office revenue in 2019. This is widely expected to be a box office monster. Black Widow could be hurt deeply if they meet each other.

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'll be curious what terms Disney brings to domestic theaters for Black Widow and what those theaters say.

As pure theatrical, you know they are gonna try for the old terms they kept pushing higher and higher over the last few years...

Of course they will go for old terms. 65% for a movie like this in this position.    

And theaters will say “thank god, thank Disney, thank theatrical exclusivity; we would love 50% even more but getting 35% of 300M is  helluva lot better than 55% of 100M.”

Edited by WandaLegion

1 minute ago, WandaLegion said:

Of course they will go for old terms. 65% for a movie like this in this position.    

And theaters will say “thank god, thank Disney, thank theatrical exclusivity; we would love 50% even more but getting 35% of 300M is  helluva lot better than 55% of 100M.”

Yeah, but 50% of 300M would be better than either.

• Like 1