Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

Donno from where are these numbers coming nowdays, because they are all way higher than what they actually are. I don't think Marvel has officially revealed the numbers as they did with past films.

It has 14-15M views on all YT channels and 13M on Twitter. No way it has 70M views 

• Like 3

If they say 70M, it definitely got 70 somewhere in some sense. Maybe not a very meaningful sense — but can still be compared to other numbers of the same type that are presumably counting the same sources.   

Whatever metrics you look at I think the clear takeaway is “nothing crazy, but solid enough for a 3rd/4th/whatever trailer.”

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

If they say 70M, it definitely got 70 somewhere in some sense. Maybe not a very meaningful sense — but can still be compared to other numbers of the same type that are presumably counting the same sources.

Yes, there may be some basis. Just pointed out because pre COVID trailers actually had those 100-150M views which many folks here were tracking.

Views so far

Youtube - 14M views

Twitter - 13M 

Facebook - 2M 

Instagram - 9M 

That's 38M in 2 days (?).

Comparing with Spider-man: FFH trailer which was tracked 115M in 24 hours, had 130M official views.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

are they releasing trailers on tiktok? well in that case 70m is possible considering how big view counts on tiktok are. But its banned here in India and I never used it. so no idea.

I truly have no clue, I’m too old for Tiktok 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, andersonhoran said:

New reports from box office analysts are stating that by shifting Black Widow from May 7th to July 9th, the film’s domestic projection has increased from $45M to $170M, with a new projected opening weekend of $63M.

https://observer.com/2021/04/marvel-black-widow-box-office-prediction-f9-no-time-to-die/

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

• Like 3

Should it release around that time in China, however, it will collide with the country’s 100th anniversary of the Chinese Communist Party on July 1. The key political event will be feted with the premiere of high-profile local patriotic blockbusters that Beijing will work to ensure score top box office figures. Authorities, likely wary of allowing American films the chance to beat out local titles lauding the Communist Party on such an important occasion, can be expected to clear the playing field.

Interesting tidbit from the article about F9's release date that would impact when Black Widow releases in China. I assume this means a week early release won't happen here?

• Like 5

9 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Interesting tidbit from the article about F9's release date that would impact when Black Widow releases in China. I assume this means a week early release won't happen here?

maybe they will release bw  mid june ?

Edited by john2000

‘Black Widow’: Some MCU Fans Are Actually Worried There Haven’t Been Major Movie Leaks

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/black-widow-some-mcu-fans-are-actually-worried-there-havent-been-major-movie-leaks.html/

The lack of leaks should be in it favor, it'll bring more people into theaters and D+ PA.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wormow said:

I still can’t believe this comes out the same day as Loki’s fifth episode, aka their penultimate episode setting up the finale. It’s going to completely overshadow Black Widow IMO

I don’t think anything will be overshadowed but it is odd that they didn’t just bump up the date on Loki a few weeks. 

9 minutes ago, Menor said:

Honestly if Mortal Kombat can get to ~25 million this weekend being free on HBO Max, I feel like BW can hit the 100 in July even with PA. Legs would be a question but Raya has legged well even with being on PA (of course the OW was so tiny compared to what BW will likely do). 

Isn't BW also free on Disney+? And that has way more subscribers...