Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

We all know the furthest this is going will end up being an out-of-court settlement. Given that no one else from the other D+/PA titles has made a stink about it (and said titles not bragging about their numbers), this will only provide fuel to the idea that holding back on releasing streaming numbers is the correct approach.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

We all know the furthest this is going will end up being an out-of-court settlement. Given that no one else from the other D+/PA titles has made a stink about it (and said titles not bragging about their numbers), this will only provide fuel to the idea that holding back on releasing streaming numbers is the correct approach.

None the HBO Max People have caused a stink at all.

Im guessing she wants more of the “hush up and leave” money they’ve been handing out to actors recently.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if there's talks going behind-the-scenes right now to get this quickly settled out of public eyes - regardless of the two statements. 

However, I still cannot believe Disney took that much of an L not to renegotiate a contract with someone of her caliber. And if they did, you can bet your ass heads are rolling. 

Feige and Iger definitely wants to strangle Chapek right now. 

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Like 5

"A Disney spokesman said Ms. Johansson’s suit had no merit and is “especially sad and distressing in its callous disregard for the horrific and prolonged global effects of the Covid-19 pandemic.”

This is pretty tone deaf coming from a $300 billion corporation that has been gloating and giving out bonuses in the middle of a pandemic because of the success of Disney+.

american soldiers GIF

• Like 4

As an avid watcher of Defunctland and Disney Dan and other ParkTube folks, I know that Chapek was a total bastard and a Paul Pressler-style penny pincher when he was in charge of Disney's Parks division. You would think the disrespect wouldn't go towards the top talent, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised by it.

If he still has the CEO title within the next three years, I will be shocked.

• Like 3

I don't see the problem with Diseny's statement. they're correct.

this wasn't going to pass 500m(not including china) on boxoffice even if there was no PA.

I would even argue that it would struggle to pass 450m.

it would've been problematic If she wasn't paid for PA, but she is.  20m base and extra from PA sales.

she's upset that she can't get "potential" 50m salary from 1B boxoffice during Covid and had to settle with +20m sounds pretty much tone deaf to me. everyone is losing right now. not just her.

like... imagine BW was delayed another year because scarlet wanted 50m. 

I'm sure y'all and everyone would drag her.

I mean.. her statement has zero regard for fans and safety(from PA). 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, imbruglia said:

I don't see the problem with Diseny's statement. they're correct.

this wasn't going to pass 500m(not including china) on boxoffice even if there was no PA.

I would even argue that it would struggle to pass 450m.

it would've been problematic If she wasn't paid for PA, but she is.  20m base and extra from PA sales.

she's upset that she can't get "potential" 50m salary from 1B boxoffice during Covid and had to settle with +20m sounds pretty much tone deaf to me. everyone is losing right now. not just her.

like... imagine BW was delayed another year because scarlet wanted 50m. 

I'm sure y'all and everyone would drag her.

I mean.. her statement has zero regard for fans and safety(from PA). 

From the article it sounds like her contract pretty clearly stipulated theatrical regardless, so not sure how this is relevant.

• Like 1