Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Considering her best work is still her voice acting in her, that can't be too far from the truth.

They did though. Eddie Redmayne flat out apologized for taking the role in a retrospective of his career, they were only accepted then because more progress has been made since then.

After being nominated for an oscar for the second time taking a minority role , he really must be really ''sorry''. :rolleyes:

Plus let's not pretend that there weren't plenty of people who had issues with The Danish Girl even when it came out (but that was more because it was a lame movie that didn't handle the subject matter properly than because of his casting).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Plus let's not pretend that there weren't plenty of people who had issues with The Danish Girl even when it came out (but that was more because it was a lame movie that didn't handle the subject matter properly than because of his casting).

Of course, it was a man on the role, while succesful women always cause pain in certain people. 

this is political correct insanity. like how in the last few years transgender male athletes compete in women's sports.

acting is supposed to be about the character, not who the actor is fucking in reality.

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Nm 

Edited by Nova

Just cast a trans person as Black Widow for this movie.  Problem solved 

Spoiler

😛

I think her interview is a  non-issue completely. 

Obviously having more roles for everyone is what should he strived for and is what Hollywood can do to combat all this mess.

6 minutes ago, Alli said:

this is political correct insanity. like how in the last few years transgender male athletes compete in women's sports.

acting is supposed to be about the character, not who the actor is fucking in reality.

and good on Scarlett for addressing it. PCness and virtue signaling are not real activism, they are mockery of. They trivialize what real activism does. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Just cast a trans person as Black Widow for this movie.  Problem solved 

Reveal hidden contents

Or how about casting an actual black widow spider.

Image result for black widow spider a bug's life

(Scarlett now wants to play Rosie in the live-action remake of A Bug's Life probably)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Valonqar said:

True but he's a hit as Thor because he's handsome af. Pugh is a big downgrade from Scarlett because she's super average looking and has no charisma. I don't care how great an actress she is, she's a female Fassbender. Cold fish.

Pugh is MUCH prettier than ScarJo. Honestly one of the prettiest young actresses atm.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

and good on Scarlett for addressing it. PCness and virtue signaling are not real activism, they are mockery of. They trivialize what real activism does. 

So striving for equal opportunities for minorities and LGBTQ members is making a mockery of real activism? I’d ask if you think before you type or if you read your post before submitting but given your post history on the last 3 pages alone, the answer is a clear No. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

So striving for equal opportunities for minorities and LGBTQ members is making a mockery of real activism? I’d ask if you think before you type or if you read your post before submitting but given your post history on the last 3 pages alone, the answer is a clear No. 

You know exactly what I mean. Raising offputting shitstorms over virtually anything is mockery of activism. Putting an emphasis on "I did this [for minorities, etc]" over problems that those groups face and how to solve them is not real activism. We won't agree but I won't let you gaslight my opinion on the matter either. 

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

He needs to just stick to judging movies based on summaries he read on The Movie Spoiler instead of actually watching them or whatever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Yep, exactly what happened with Midsommar. :bravo:

Also, Scarlett got praise for her voice work in JB unlike those flops Chiwetel and Gambino. 

Did you really just say the exact same thing a second time? Because you don't find an actress sufficiently "hot enough" or something? Get a clue.

• Like 1