Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

9 hours ago, Nova said:

So striving for equal opportunities for minorities and LGBTQ members is making a mockery of real activism? I’d ask if you think before you type or if you read your post before submitting but given your post history on the last 3 pages alone, the answer is a clear No. 

It wouldn't be a mockery if this was the actual outcome.

The whole "Scarlett playing a trans character" controversy didn't mean more opportunities for trans. Since Scarlett was the only reason the movie was in development, her dropping out means no one gets the role. It means less exposure for LGBT characters in a positive way and it means less jobs (some of which might or might not have been minorities too).

The whole "Scarlett playing an asian robot" (?) controversy did not mean more opportunities for Asians, It means Hollywood staying away from Anime adaptations after a long string of flops, which means less revenue for the Japanese studios and less funding for potential new projects and less people getting paid (not that the Japanese industry needs any american help, but more money for an industry is always better)

So yes, trying to be "woke" fishing for likes online ends up being a mockery and counterproductive. You want to help the minorities? Support them. Give the few projects that star LGBT/Asian characters a chance, there's also plenty of people trying to make it locally, doing a play at a theater near you, singing at a bar, etc.

If there's something Hollywood executives love more than discriminating minorities is making money. Tweeting about how privileged is Scarlett (the same actress that made way less money than her costars on the biggest film franchise of all time just because she is a woman) is not really helping anyone. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Nova said:

So striving for equal opportunities for minorities and LGBTQ members is making a mockery of real activism? I’d ask if you think before you type or if you read your post before submitting but given your post history on the last 3 pages alone, the answer is a clear No. 

Pretty much inclusion exists in some peoples eyes when others are exluded...

That is the hypocrisy SCJO was pointing out, but the reality is the Twitter and usual SJW suspects on this board are incapable of naunce, self reflection of their own political viewpoints and instead are hardwired to see anyone remotley challenging thier worldview with labels of 'sexist, racist, homophobe and tone deaf'.

I dont for a second buy that SCJO is against Trans rights at all... 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

I'm so worried. It seems to me that given the timeline (Civil War), they are setting up Yelena as the new BW with Nat passing the torch (since she's dead as of EG). I also feel that Portman is back in Thor as female Thor because she's going to replace Hemsworth as the new lead. 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

10 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm so worried. It seems to me that given the timeline (Civil War), they are setting up Yelena as the new BW with Nat passing the torch (since she's dead as of EG). I also feel that Portman is back in Thor as female Thor because she's going to replace Hemsworth as the new lead. 

it's exactly this, why the worries?

since the original avengers are "done", it's natural they will be replaced in my point of views

natalie as female thor especially makes me very happy

• Knock It Off 1

15 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

since the original avengers are "done", it's natural they will be replaced in my point of views

Get this, he doesn't think the actress for Yelena is hot enough. That's his reasoning.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Only if she actually tries in the later Thor movies...in #2, she pretty much phoned it in and cashed the check...which was sad to see b/c she's been so good in non-franchise fare (I think she also phoned in some of her later Star Wars work, so she has struggled in these types of franchise roles, for whatever reason)...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Only if she actually tries in the later Thor movies...in #2, she pretty much phoned it in and cashed the check...which was sad to see b/c she's been so good in non-franchise fare (I think she also phoned in some of her later Star Wars work, so she has struggled in these types of franchise roles, for whatever reason)...

In her defense, the scripts didn’t make her any favor so i get why she’s not happy with Thor 1 and 2. Now things will be different and i think she will be happy to be in the movie.

• Like 1

Now that this is official, what are all your super early predicts for opening weekend and domestic total?

Also, do you think it moves up a week to the last weekend of April like Infinity War and Endgame did, or does it keep May 1, 2020?

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

In her defense, the scripts didn’t make her any favor so i get why she’s not happy with Thor 1 and 2. Now things will be different and i think she will be happy to be in the movie.

No excuse . Hemsworth wasn't happy either but he did his job and then fought for Thor to be better.

I'm not really interested in any more mantle passing - just not a fan of it.    I'm barely able to consider Scott as Ant-Man.  He's very fun but I'd rather have had Hank and Janet as something more than the old guard in the background.    Mantle passing usually feels like they just weren't able to get new or old IP off the ground so they rebrand it with a famous title.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Now that this is official, what are all your super early predicts for opening weekend and domestic total?

Also, do you think it moves up a week to the last weekend of April like Infinity War and Endgame did, or does it keep May 1, 2020?

May 1 is the big day they want so no need to move it up a week, especially when so many O/S countries will have it open 1-3 days earlier anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JB33 said:

$260m DOM / $770m WW