Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

3 hours ago, TServo2049 said:

Ewan did a good job, even if he was handicapped by the directing. SLJ made do with what he had, and I commend him for being allowed/able to play against type even if the result is dull.

Christopher Lee as Count Dooku could be the biggest disappointment, IMO. He acts like he’s sleepwalking, a complete 180 from the performance Peter Jackson was able to get out of him as Saruman. This has to be Lucas’ fault, you can’t put it down to age when he had just knocked it out of the park for another director. (Of course, he then proceeded to be just as lethargic as Saruman in the Hobbit movies, but he was older and in poorer health and only a couple years from death so I’ll give it a pass.)

With the prequels I think was case of actors struggling to make the best out of writing that only occcasionaly was competent;most of the time it ranged from substandard to out and out terrible (the Anakin/Padme love scenes in AOTC fully deserve their reputation). Lucas definently had lost it as a writer. Hard to believe the guy whose dialogue was so sharp in "Amereican Graffiti" could write crap like this.

I agree with the poster who said that McDiarmis gave over all the best performance in the prequels. I think he saw that alittle over the top was the only to go with some of the dialogue he had.

3 hours ago, Sam said:

Concept art looks good. Can always trust in Andy Park to deliver with MCU concept arts.

Descriptions of SDCC footage sounds great. But if I wasn’t already sold on this movie because of Natasha/ScarJo then the impeccable Rachel Weisz sure would have finished the job :wub: 

And btw, why are we discussing Thor 4 and its merit or whatever in the Black Widow thread? 

I was hurt by Scar Jo's comments and want to boycott.

But Pugh and Weisz...

Help me

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I have no delusions that it'll make an absurd amount of money but...PRINCIPLES

Oh, don't I know it. She said some things you don't agree with. You can't let that shit fly!

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

Oh, don't I know it. She said some things you don't agree with. You can't let that shit fly!

Yes, now she'll feel my wrath and the $12 I won't spend to see her movie. Take that. Join the Mark Wahlberg list.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Yes, now she'll feel my wrath and the $12 I won't spend to see her movie. Take that. Join the Mark Wahlberg list.

Good. We don't want Scarlett to replace Constance "Fucking Hell" Wu in the Crazy Rich Asians sequel.

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

SO this will be the first post Endgame MCU film proper to hit theaters with the Eternals being kept for November.

Uh, there's actually a post Endgame MCU film in the theaters right now.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, MrPink said:

I was hurt by Scar Jo's comments and want to boycott.

But Pugh and Weisz...

Help me

I was not entirely impressed by her comments, but I also thought it was blown way out of proportion. I understand why it can be offensive and shortsighted though.

But yup, think about it being a female-led movie, even without considering ScarJo, there are other awesome female actresses to root for. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This seems like the most generic and bland of all the new announced movies, similiar to all the old movies.  As just a casua viewer of these movie i will definitely skip it like I did for ant man 2 or captain marvel, at this point zero interest. 

Blade looks interesting, Maershala Alì is a great choice and i liked the first Doctor Strage, his world is interesting so I will see the sequel. The one with the chinese looks kinda interesting too. 

Edited by maxalcamo
  • Knock It Off 1

If Captain Marvel grossed 150+ million OW after the Infinity War boost, Black Widow, an OG 6 MCU member, will push 175+ million if marketed right with Endgame soul realm ties. If it's a straight up prequel with no mention of Endgame than interest could wane. If marketing features excerpts or clips from Widow recounting her life or something while being in the soul realm, than all bets are off. 

Edited by jaybox

I'd also be surprised if Black Widow performed anywhere near Captain Marvel.

BW has appeared in 7 movies so far. Her character is known to audiences. There's very little "fresh" factor. The fact she died and this is a prequel hurts a bit.

I think this will perform along the lines (or a bit better than) The Winter Soldier. Both being more grounded espionage thrillers with established characters. Also, this will do relatively better overseas than domestic (compared to average MCU film). Both Lucy and Ghost in the Shell earned >70% of their revenue overseas.

I'm thinking 110m OW, 300m Domestic, 700m overseas, for a cool $1b.

• Like 2