Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

She's is playing Amy March and from what I know, she is the most important March sister after Jo March in the novel. She's pretty much locked for supporting.

Meryl Streep and Laura Dern are more likely for nominations for that then Pugh I'd say. idk if it'll be as big of an acting player as people think

6 minutes ago, TMP said:

Meryl Streep and Laura Dern are more likely for nominations for that then Pugh I'd say. idk if it'll be as big of an acting player as people think

They are both locked for supporting (in fact Dern is a frontrunner for the win) but not for this movie. Streep is going in for The Laundromat and Dern for Marriage Story.

Edited by lorddemaxus

Steep is in cause she is Streep

Dern is likely in for MS

Scarlett is in for Jojo Rabbit and question is only if Tomasin McKenzie sneaks in too

Farewell is garnering lots of support for the actress who played the matriarch.

Benning is in conversation for the Report.

Bombshell has its share of supporting ladies.

Who knows what else?

point being, there are movies and performances that will start building buzz earlier. some of them may peak too early but the category is stacked so no one outside of Streep is locked. Pugh may get in but she has to be really the MVP to jump over competition that's been working the crowd at the festivals and beyond.

Edited by Valonqar

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I love the "No one asked for this" argument. No one was really asking for "Guardians Of The Galaxy" either.

If the movie is really good, it will do very well; if not so good, it won't do so well.

Not really true, either.  Great many films now considered masterpieces have flopped on their initial cinematic releases...and vice versa.  Yes, it is a cliche phrase, so I'll adopt more subtle ones...but I'll probably still get called a "hater" simply for even thinking the thought that movies like this might gross under a Billion.  A little nuance does everyone better. 

1 hour ago, TMP said:

idk, how much is she even in Little Women.

A lot. She's the key supporting character while Saoirse Ronan is the lead. 

You could figure that out just from the trailer, frankly, where she has the second most lines and footage (compared to Emma Watson, who is a bigger name yet had just a single short line in the whole trailer).

Edited by Ithil

2 hours ago, harlequinade said:

I loved that short clip so much. I'm a huge fan of Florence so I hope she gets to do a lot here!

Also hello everyone, lurker till now, now a new user :)

Hello there!

So what happened? Awards Watch shut down perma or? I remember you from lurking there for some Oscar tips. Then I can appear smart about it over here. :lol:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Hello there!

So what happened? Awards Watch shut down perma or? I remember you from lurking there for some Oscar tips. Then I can appear smart about it over here. :lol:

You cannot post images or youtube links anymore there, and 90% of stuff I did on that board was posting promo stills, posters and trailers/TV spots. Plus with avatars and signatures being disabled it's impossible to navigate, really. I have no idea who is who anymore and I was there for years lol I lurked here for a while and it seems like a cool place with lots of traffic so I decided to just switch to posting here

How do I set an avatar here btw? I tried to find FAQ but couldn't

15 minutes ago, harlequinade said:

You cannot post images or youtube links anymore there, and 90% of stuff I did on that board was posting promo stills, posters and trailers/TV spots. Plus with avatars and signatures being disabled it's impossible to navigate, really. I have no idea who is who anymore and I was there for years lol I lurked here for a while and it seems like a cool place with lots of traffic so I decided to just switch to posting here

I think you need at least ten posts before you can change your avi.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, harlequinade said:

You need a minimum posts of... (I think its 20????), here are some rules for new members.

One I found, where the FAQ is located now I didn't find neither

In order to create a thread on the forum, you must have 10 posts. This is an anti-spam measure that has worked pretty well. We're sorry for the inconvenience. 

spoiler rules from 2 years+ back, I think its longer now, like till its released on digital or...

I use spoiler threads or ask in a thread if I can not fin one

Some possibilities only work for a paid account, they do that to get the ~ $3000 per year together they have to pay for the forum

also  a bit older, Tele e.g. is not the admin anymore (has not enough time, child,...)

Water Bottle is now the main guy here and Tele is the head admin.  They do a terrific job of keeping this place running.  We do survive on donations because it costs a fair bit of money to operate a site like this.  I think it's around $3000 or more per year.  By donating, you help keep the site going and in return you get more advantages.....more likes....a variety of avatar options and so on.  For more info on this, ask Tele or WB.  

the named 'gods' are now more, you can recognise them per the violet/lila (not sure how those words are used in English) colour coded user names

The quote is out of the FAQ about the terms used here at BOT

paid

$15.00 per month

Unlimited "Likes" a Day

Ad-Free Viewing

Unlimited Display Name Changes

Custom Signature

Personal Blog

Access to Special Forum

Upload Images to Gallery

Add Events to Community Calendar

PM Box Increased to 150

$10.00 per month

250 "Likes" Per Day

Ad-Free Viewing

Unlimited Display Name Changes

Custom Signature

Personal Blog

Add Events to Community Calender

Special Forum Access

PM Box Increased to 100

$7.50 per month

150 "Likes" a Day

Ad-Free Viewing

One Display Name Change Every 30 Days

PM Box Increased to 75

$5.00 per month

Ad-Free

100 likes/day

A year's gold subscription gets reduced to $165, a year's Premium subscription to $110

I think the signature does not disappear if you change it with a month paid account after the month is over, not sure, I paid for a few years into the future

Around big event OWs (opening weekends) are usually special offers also

edit: can not get rid of the empty spaces within the account quotes?!?

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1