Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

Moderation: Please do not post any potential spoilers, leaks and leaked materials, and any discussions of such things unless they are under spoiler tags. Any such posts will result in action by the mods against such users. 

Please also refrain from attacks on members and instead report any posts that break forum rules. 

Thank You. 

This movie should have been made so long ago:

1. when the character was still alive, and

2. when the other female lead MCU movie, with a much more unpleasant lead character (Captain Marvel), didn't exist even as a concept in Marvel's greedy heads yet.

Now BW will inevitably be perceived as an afterthought.

But if they create a miracle and make a mini - Winter Soldier out of this (highly unlikely) - then OK.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, andersonhoran said:

I noticed a few weeks ago we have the same release date here. It's interesting because I can't tell if Marvel are just stopping the worldwide 7-10 days earlier than US release pattern (that hasn't really been a thing since Ragnarok tbh) or if it's because they get the 1st May release in Europe with 30/04 and that's what mattered. I don't actually mind since it was kinda annoying having to wait for it to hit North American shores, but it's interesting nonetheless. Bit of a bummer that it won't be out for ANZAC here in NZ and Aus though, it would've done good business for sure.

16 minutes ago, Gamora said:

I noticed a few weeks ago we have the same release date here. It's interesting because I can't tell if Marvel are just stopping the worldwide 7-10 days earlier than US release pattern (that hasn't really been a thing since Ragnarok tbh) or if it's because they get the 1st May release in Europe with 30/04 and that's what mattered. I don't actually mind since it was kinda annoying having to wait for it to hit North American shores, but it's interesting nonetheless. Bit of a bummer that it won't be out for ANZAC here in NZ and Aus though, it would've done good business for sure.

The OS release is the latest it can be to still get the Labor Day boost. Completely reliable. The one that moves around is the DOM release, usually it’s a week late but they moved it up to day and date for IW/EG. When May 1 so happens to be a Friday then the DOM and OS just naturally match. We’ll see if they leave DS2 and BP2 coming out a week late DOM or move them up.

Edited by Arendelle Legion

1 hour ago, Gamora said:

Bit of a bummer that it won't be out for ANZAC here in NZ and Aus though, it would've done good business for sure.

Aus/NZ and few others may get release early bit.

Besides, I guess if there's box office guy in Marvel/Disney, he realised they are missing opening weekend worldwide headlines with scattered release, so they bring out worldwide release at one go. That's what I think.

India they did mostly because day before May 1 did huge for Avengers film. I guess even China they will bump 1 or may be 2 days.

Films released on last weekend of April

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron (Blockbuster)

2016: Baaghi (Super Hit)

2017: Baahubali 2 (ATBB)

2018: Avengers: Infinity War (ATBB)

2019: Avengers: Endgame (ATBB)

Edited by Jedi Jat

36 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

India they did mostly because day before May 1 did huge for Avengers film. I guess even China they will bump 1 or may be 2 days.

Films released on last weekend of April

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron (Blockbuster)

2016: Baaghi (Super Hit)

2017: Baahubali 2 (ATBB)

2018: Avengers: Infinity War (ATBB)

2019: Avengers: Endgame (ATBB)

So your money's on the new Doctor Strange opening on April 30 instead of May 7 in NA? I guess it makes sense to coincide with the overseas release dates but I still figured the early NA releases were going to be a special thing for IW and EG only.