Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

8 hours ago, JB33 said:

So your money's on the new Doctor Strange opening on April 30 instead of May 7 in NA? I guess it makes sense to coincide with the overseas release dates but I still figured the early NA releases were going to be a special thing for IW and EG only.

That’s what my money’s on. April 29 for BP2, April 28 for the 2023 movie, etc. 

6 hours ago, Krissykins said:

No longer a summer film then if it moves. 

Summer starts a week earlier if it moves, just like this year and last year.

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

That’s what my money’s on. April 29 for BP2, April 28 for the 2023 movie, etc. 

Summer starts a week earlier if it moves, just like this year and last year.

That's going to take me a bit to get used to. I got so used to the first weekend of May being Marvel's domain since what? When Spider-Man came out in 2002? Save for a couple years that's been their weekend (until they moved the date up for IW and EG, which, again, I figured was just a two-out due to the size and scope of the films).

15 minutes ago, JB33 said:

That's going to take me a bit to get used to. I got so used to the first weekend of May being Marvel's domain since what? When Spider-Man came out in 2002? Save for a couple years that's been their weekend (until they moved the date up for IW and EG, which, again, I figured was just a two-out due to the size and scope of the films).

EG and IW showed its a good move really. 

On 11/30/2019 at 4:42 PM, Gamora said:

I noticed a few weeks ago we have the same release date here. It's interesting because I can't tell if Marvel are just stopping the worldwide 7-10 days earlier than US release pattern (that hasn't really been a thing since Ragnarok tbh) or if it's because they get the 1st May release in Europe with 30/04 and that's what mattered. I don't actually mind since it was kinda annoying having to wait for it to hit North American shores, but it's interesting nonetheless. Bit of a bummer that it won't be out for ANZAC here in NZ and Aus though, it would've done good business for sure.

Doesn’t matter as much for the next 2 years as ANZAC Day will be on the weekend and in Australia only WA has a make up public holiday on a weekday. 

On 11/30/2019 at 1:09 PM, JB33 said:

So your money's on the new Doctor Strange opening on April 30 instead of May 7 in NA? I guess it makes sense to coincide with the overseas release dates but I still figured the early NA releases were going to be a special thing for IW and EG only.

There's no harm in giving a week gap from Memorial day weekend release.

On 11/30/2019 at 1:28 PM, Krissykins said:

If it’s the 7th, the Wonder Woman trailer comes the following day then. 

I think it would be too close to the Wonder Woman trailer. I think they might release it on the 6th. Two days after Bond trailer, two days before Wonder Woman 1984, and also the same day as the release of the movie that has Scarlett Johansson most acclaimed role.

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

not according to Hollywood

IIRC summer used to start by Memorial Day weekend but then Spider-Man released in May 1st Weekend to avoid Attack of Clones and from there started the trend. It will be only trivial that film released 2 days early, but Summer starts with MCU film of April end/May start.

• Like 1