Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I seriously doubt the Shang Chi trailer part.

Why? Shang Chi is scheduled for July. If Black Widow is still making May, it absolutely makes sense for a Shang-Chi trailer to be coming soon. In a non-Covid setting it'd actually be well overdue for a trailer for a July release.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Why? Shang Chi is scheduled for July. If Black Widow is still making May, it absolutely makes sense for a Shang-Chi trailer to be coming soon. In a non-Covid setting it'd actually be well overdue for a trailer for a July release.

Well, i don't believe Shang Chi is coming out in July. That would be two Marvel movies sent to die at the box office this summer. I think it will be delayed to next year

Edited by Maggie
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Well, i don't believe Shang Chi is coming out in July. That would be two Marvel movies sent to die at the box office this summer. I think it will be delayed to next year

Captain Marvel and Endgame came out in March and April of that year, with Spider-Man in July. Each made over a billion. It'll be fine. There's absolutely no reason to move Shang-Chi so far back when it's been in post for months.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Captain Marvel and Endgame came out in March and April of that year, with Spider-Man in July. Each made over a billion. It'll be fine. There's absolutely no reason to move Shang-Chi so far back when it's been in post for months.

well, yeah, but this year it's different because of corona. I think it will be pushed to next year in February. It would make a killing in China as evidenced by movies this year who killed over there

Edited by Maggie
  • Haha 1

BW staying in May, as expected.   

Shang-Chi staying in July, as expected. 

Neither being “sent to die,” both will do well. Shang-Chi trailer pretty soon is just common sense.

Edited by WandaLegion

3 minutes ago, Maggie said:

well, yeah, but this year it's different because of corona. I think it will be pushed to next year in February. It would make a killing in China as evidenced by movies this year who killed over there

It making a killing in China would be a bigger argument for releasing this year than delaying it again, since it would offset a lot of potential concerns about crowding. They already have 5 movies on the schedule for 2022 (yes, they still have that untitled October 2022 release on the schedule, and I'm 99% sure that it's Blade), and if they feel safe starting releasing things in May there is absolutely no reason they wouldn't feel safe about July.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, jatvision said:

Its already a month and half late than usual July release time, if it's actually coming in July.

That's what i'm doubting.

Anyway, if Shang chi indeed releases in July, then Top Gun 2 should move a week earlier

Edited by Maggie

I do think an MCU CNY would be pretty cool, but I don’t know if China would even allow that for 2022 and the MCU schedule for that year is already pretty packed. If Shang-Chi is well received maybe they can angle for CNY2024 or 2025 for sequel.

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Was it always April 29 or did they move it up?  If they moved it up in Asia, that could signal hybrid NA/European release coming...

The summer kickoff slot always goes a week earlier OS to capitalize on International Workers Day/May Day/Labor Day holiday. Nothing moving up here.

3 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Not necessarily. In fact, probably not.

No way will Disney "force" people to go to theaters. Disney will give people the opportunity to chose, so hybrid it will be

Edited by Maggie

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

So now the obvious question arises: if it's not moving, is that because Disney is optimistic about the vaccine being enough for a full theatrical run, or if it's a hybrid release?

Disney is competent, so they’re probably optimistic about improving conditions enabling a full theatrical run domestically (some territories won’t be though, not sure if those’ll go hybrid or just be delayed).    

However, the more important thing is that they don’t need to decide on hybrid or not yet. They can just keep their options open and wait for more data.