Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

7 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

That's something I'm a bit skeptical about: if you care about Marvel movies, TV shows and characters, won't you have Disney+ in the first place?

I'm not predicting anything here, just trying to make sense of it, I hope you're right about that but I fear people might expect too much from BW in terms of subs for D+. An effect, yes probably but...how big? WandaVision has been the world's most popular show for weeks and Falcon and the Winter Soldier has the signs of a very successful show to come so if fans don't sub now, then why and when?

I hear ya and understand your apprehension. Yes, it’s true that D+ already has a lot of subs. But haven’t they expanded to new markets recently? Marvel movies are popular all over the world and so it may offer them the chance for new subs in new markets. I don’t know. I am just trying to think like the Disney suits. Trust me, I am not a fan of the hybrid/streaming releases either. I think Disney will ultimately look at its bottom line. If they stream it, they don’t have to worry about sharing profits with anyone. If they release it under the same terms that they have in place now, which excludes some big theater chains, they won’t maximize the theatrical dollars they could make. I have no idea what they will ultimately decide. Either way (hybrid or straight streaming), they’ll probably get second guessed. If they release in theaters I don’t know whether they’ll work better agreements with movie theater chains. 

• Like 2

With the way Disney has been talking about shortened windows recently it wouldn't be much of a surprise if the plan is to get this on D+ by July 4th either way (especially after how well Hamilton ended doing for them over the same weekend last year). Maybe sooner like mid-June as a PA add-on for a short amount of time if they're underwhelmed by the box office returns in early May.

• Like 3

new subs vs holding on to existing subs, I think for a part of the MCU interested its important to give them movies too, not everyone into MCU watches tv-series too or all of them.

I feel like there are so. many details worldwide to consider, its probably way more complex as even we here, who are at least to a degree aware about eg the size worldwide... will guess

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Anecdotal but I really don't feel like there's some huge pent-up demand to rush back to cinemas in the UK. Pubs yes, cinemas no.

Cinemas are gonna be more or less empty until Christmas at the earliest.

Edited by Avatree
  • Haha 2

Just now, Maggie said:

Yes, china is a sure thing even now. Problems are in Europe ( except Uk) plus latin america

This seems pretty much accurate but I don’t see how to reconcile it with the earlier statement suggesting US, China, and UK will be more or less empty until Christmas???

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

This seems pretty much accurate but I don’t see how to reconcile it with the earlier statement suggesting US, China, and UK will be more or less empty until Christmas???

It’s just that i don’t feel like people are eager to get back to theaters just yet. It will take some time for getting used to sitting in a dark room with strangers again. Hope i’m wrong of course. 

Edited by Maggie
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Maggie said:

It’s just that i don’t feel like people are eager to get back to theaters just yet. It will take some time for getting used to sitting in a dark room with strangers again. Hope i’m wrong of course. 

For the "lack of feeling to go back", I think it's probably the inability to move or avoid anyone who might show sick symptoms.

At my cancer center yesterday, I was in the hall when a masked lady left a chemo appointment coughing.  She got a WIDE berth, and no one got on the elevator with her (and some folks, like me, took the steps).

At a restaurant, you can ask to move far away or outside or even have your food boxed up, and not lose completely out on the experience if you happen to be seated near someone who is symptomatic.  AND you can see them, so you can see if they are masked, if they seem like it was an allergy or something innocuous or they look really sick, etc.  And you can talk it out with friends/family to see what you should do, so you never seem "stuck."

Technically, the restaurant is probably less safe virally b/c you're demasked.  But for many folks, it doesn't feel that way b/c they always feel they have lots of options to leave and adapt to circumstances.

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

Should be noted that Black Widow moved out of its November 6, 2020 date 44 days beforehand, and Wednesday will be T-44 to the May 7 date. Its first delay out of May 2020 was T-28 before release. Might give a decent timeframe for when to expect a decision to be made.

• Like 2

Reporters have been saying “likely scenario: move or D+” for many moon now, and it hasn’t happened yet. With the recent news in California, on Raya, on vaccines, with Regal, and with the NRG survey I would be really pretty surprised if they move it out of May or give it a 0 day window.  

Holding Mel Gibson GIF

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Reporters have been saying “likely scenario: move or D+” for many moon now, and it hasn’t happened yet. With the recent news in California, on Raya, on vaccines, with Regal, and with the NRG survey I would be really pretty surprised if they move it out of May or give it a 0 day window.  

Holding Mel Gibson GIF

Well this aged poorly lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1