Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

1 minute ago, TigerPaw said:

Might be the first Rotten MCU film for all we know.

lol, no.

That one review , I have a thing to say against it but Eric has asked us not to. 

Just wait till June 29th , you will know yourself.

5 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Again, i never said they aren't overwhelmingly positive, because they are very good.

I only said that the reactions for EG aren't just everyone talking "best movie ever" bullshit. And i said this to give an example of my point that reactions aren't just hyperboles anymore like it used to be back in 2015-2018.

You twisted what i said for others and made it look that i was making some revisionist shit when i didn't do it, i never make it look like it got mediocre reactions, but you put the words in my mouth for whatever reason and i didn't like, so i'm defending my words that's all, i'm finishing this here because it's unnecessary.

Hyperbole != calling a movie the "best movie ever"

Edit: To be clear, I'm not saying that's not hyperbolic (of course, it is). Just that that's not the only form of hyperbole.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, charlie Jatinder said:

JFC, context of my comment was to check the history of critic with certain franchise, because sometime they just don't like that certain franchise.

But I understand that may have came out wrong.

And while this maybe little fanboyish , you are actually right in a way. So , we wait. No other critic has such extreme reaction and I do know few who would have said harsh things if movie was actually bad.

4 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

So , we wait. No other critic has such extreme reaction and I do know few who would have said harsh things if movie was actually bad.

Again you misunderstood me bro. 

I mean sure BW could be actually bad and that person is actually being honest. IDK him so I can't comment on that.

What I meant was it is better to know the person before trusting his/her reaction. Like @lorddemaxus shared one reaction which was average one. I looked up other MCU reaction by that critic and her reaction matches with what I felt for those films, so safe to assume that her reaction is more likely to be truer for me than others.

Anyhow this is going off, guess I should leave this thread for now.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

lol, no.

That one review , I have a thing to say against it but Eric has asked us not to. 

Just wait till June 29th , you will know yourself.

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

LOL no not even close. This site has compilation of tweets from certified critics and they are all very positive:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2569109/black-widow-reactions-what-people-saying-scarlett-johanssons-marvel-movie-disney-plus

Relax; haha. It is a joke / sarcasm because of the way some of you overreact here. 😅

Again more defense and overreaction. Let's wait till end June and we will see.

Hope I am wrong so feel free to quote me on it - more than happy to be wrong. I rather set expectations low and be surprised.

Edited by TigerPaw

Although #BlackWidow feels very much like MCU films of the past with its Marvel-patented tone and lackluster villain, it’s bolstered by well-directed action and great leading performances from Johansson and Pugh, whose chemistry is the highlight. Review coming to @DiscussingFilm

#BlackWidow pays a beautiful and long overdue tribute to Natasha Romanoff. It’s also the spy thriller fans of the character have been asking for all these years. It’s funny, thrilling and very emotional. Florence Pugh is fantastic as Yelena Belova, who is definitely here to stay.

A few other notes: - Yes, there's a post-credits scene, so stick around. - David Harbour is hilarious & a major scene stealer - Takes place after CIVIL WAR, so lots of Avengers references. - If this is Scarlett's final performance as Natasha, it's a great way to go out

#BlackWidow might be one of my favorite solo origin movies in the MCU. There's something about seeing Natasha finally get her story that made me emotional in all the best ways. Also, Florence Pugh was born for the MCU, and her dynamic with Scarlett is a triumph
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Relax; haha. It is a joke / sarcasm because of the way some of you overreact here. 😅

Again more defense and overreaction. Let's wait till end June and we will see.

Hope I am wrong so feel free to quote me on it - more than happy to be wrong. I rather set expectations low and be surprised.

ha ha I know I just used the opportunity to link to more reactions. :lol:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

JFC, context of my comment was to check the history of critic with certain franchise, because sometime they just don't like that certain franchise.

Mendelson's last seven MCU reviews, per Rotten Tomatoes:

Spider-Man: Far From Home - Fresh

Avengers: Endgame - Fresh

Captain Marvel - Fresh

Ant-Man and the Wasp - Fresh

Avengers: Infinity War - Fresh

Black Panther - Fresh

Thor: Ragnarok - Fresh

Edited by ViewerAnon
  • Like 5

Huh. So Scott Menzel guy has like 500 quotes. TBF he was quite brutal with his reaction. Though looking at his history, he does come as DC biased. Was rotten for SM: FFH (I sorta agree personally but general response around film and how he rate films otherwise not match up) and some how 8.5/10 for Fantastic Beasts 2, somehow Captain Marvel is 2nd best MCU movie he rated since 2017 after IW and many more quite odd takes, so not someone I will be taking reaction personally.

• Like 1

Just so we can get away from this whole agenda thing in respects to the tweet I shared, the guy is being shit on cause he liked ww84/JL but no one wants to comment on the fact that he’s given every mcu film(minus the two Spider-Man movies) a fresh rating since gotg, cause I didn’t want it check any further back.

So he has no agenda, he likes what he likes. Stop caring what one person says when you have 50 other tweets from people who think the movie is good. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The Rotten Tomatoes score will probably be “certified fresh” if anyone is concerned about that. 

I'd say definitely. From what I could gather, early consensus seems to be:

Great send off for Nat

Great new Widow (Yelena)

Great family dynamic between characters including Nat/Yelena chemistry and banter

Very funny

Very action-y

Crap villain

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

Mendelson's last seven MCU reviews, per Rotten Tomatoes:

Spider-Man: Far From Home - Fresh

Avengers: Endgame - Fresh

Captain Marvel - Fresh

Ant-Man and the Wasp - Fresh

Avengers: Infinity War - Fresh

Black Panther - Fresh

Thor: Ragnarok - Fresh

The lowest RT here is 79%, so it’s not like this is super informative. Most critics gave all 7 a fresh.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Huh. So Scott Menzel guy has like 500 quotes. TBF he was quite brutal with his reaction. Though looking at his history, he does come as DC biased. Was rotten for SM: FFH (I sorta agree personally but general response around film and how he rate films otherwise not match up) and some how 8.5/10 for Fantastic Beasts 2, somehow Captain Marvel is 2nd best MCU movie he rated since 2017 after IW and many more quite odd takes, so not someone I will be taking reaction personally.

Stop this. (and no Captain Marvel is not his 2nd highest rated since 2017, you're forgetting Black Panther). But stop this.

8 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

-snip-

The "agenda" (I am missing a word) in case of Mendelson is in his (stupid/biased) box office takes on Marvel and Disney, which is obviously fine, he is entitled to hold them, and so are we to call out those.

I don't think I ever read any of Mendelson review of any movie, so it really doesn't matter.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Stop this. (and no Captain Marvel is not his 2nd highest rated since 2017, you're forgetting Black Panther). But stop this.

Yep I missed BP. So 3rd. In my defense I just looked as back as IW forgetting BP was in 2018.

Anyhow, I wasn't being aggressive or being offensive there. Don't know what I said which demanded "stop this". All I said "many more quite odd takes, so not someone I will be taking reaction personally."

Which was again in line of my previous post that, it is better to read the reaction with history of the person giving reaction in mind. That's it.