Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

34 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

This was FFH. If RDJ Tony does make an appearance I doubt it will be for primarily BO reasons.       

We don’t know how much of an appearance is possiblem but I really doubt it exceeds like, 60 seconds, all the comaplinaing about this seems way overblown on essentially no info.

Oh yeah, FFH exists...

Maybe everyone is overreacting, but I still thinks it's a cheap move, no matter how long his appearance is.

Edited by Titan Man
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Im glad I’m not the only who feels this way.

Black Widow, as out of place in its release year/era (should’ve come out in phase 2), is still going to attract more audiences than Eternals.

I'll take that bet. Eternals is going to be the Phase 4 GOTG

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I don't see what the problem is if the scene is just to remind audiences of where the movie is in the timeline which is post-Civil War. 

I think the problem is that for most people, Avengers Endgame was the final goodbye to Iron Man. Any cameo or appearance in any way shape or form in the near future could not necessarily ruin that impact but the time to let go of him has come and passed.

1 hour ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I think the problem is that for most people, Avengers Endgame was the final goodbye to Iron Man. Any cameo or appearance in any way shape or form in the near future could not necessarily ruin that impact but the time to let go of him has come and passed.

My dude, this is a fictional character we are talking about. Fictional characters come and go all the time. If people think Tony showing up for a cameo ruins his death and character, that's on them.

I mean, he’s still dead. That makes me value his appearances in movies set before that more, not less. I’m sure they know not to let him overshadow what the movie in actually about (Nat). But using other subfranchise characters in little roles here and there is part of what makes the MCU so neat.

• Like 3

The smartest box office watchers saw this coming:

On 11/7/2018 at 8:27 PM, MrGlass2 said:

If it is the main Marvel film left for 2020, they could easily Civil War this thing - turn it into an unofficial Avengers movie.

Don't be surprised if Captain America and Hulk also appear in the trailer.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

On 9/15/2019 at 3:29 PM, Titan Man said:

[Black Widow] is dead, Endgame made a really good job of making us care about it, so seeing [her] return in literally the next movie is a cheap move, even if it makes sense in-universe. Also, Black Widow finally gets her own movie (the fact that it's a prequel that doesn't affect her personality in any way in the future doesn't help), and they're shoving the most popular character in to help boost the box office. It made sense with Spider-Man and Thor Ragnarok, [and it perfectly does] here. Also, you're all just lying to yourselves if you think Disney won't show off RDJ's face in the marketing in some form. They'll make sure  we know he's in the movie.

My feelings.  

It's pretty clear that Marvel/Disney are not as confident in Black Widow as all the fans are, and were essentially bullied into making this movie by fan culture/response/protests...and throwing in RDJ for a cameo (and perhaps one or two others) sweetens the risk.  

Edited by Macleod

4 minutes ago, Macleod said:

My feelings.  

It's pretty clear that Marvel/Disney are not as confident in Black Widow as all the fans are, and were essentially bullied into making this movie by fan culture/response/protests...and throwing in RDJ for a cameo (and perhaps one or two others) sweetens the risk.  

This is a glorified fan request film...nothing more...It exists just to silence some of the complaining fanbase 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

6 hours ago, Macleod said:

My feelings.  

LOl, sorry but Marvel/Disney is too powerful to be bullied into sinking 200M into a movie they don't want to make. And if they wanted to pander to BW fans, they wouldn't have killed her off. They could have picked Hawkeye, you know. 

We haven't seen the movie so there could be a twist that allows continuing with Natasha in the future. Scarlett is producing this so doubtful she's producing Pugh's vehicle. And Endgame opened the door for "past versions" so that's that. Loki show is about Loki's 2012 version that escaped in EG. GOTG Vol 3 will be looking for 2014 Gamora. So whatever they do with Widow, it looks like they have place for Nat (and Pugh's Yelena). 

And just because RDJ cameo got headlines on deadline, it doesn't mean he'll be in promos or center of marketing as if he's a major character. So conspiracy theory that he's returning cause Marvel isn't confident in BW will have to wait. I'll eat crow pie if they indeed stick him in marketing.

• Like 1

I'm in the pub and this drunk dickhead is like "yeah mate I've just been filming black Widow I'm an actor" I'm like yeah sure of course you are

So he gets his phone and shows me photos of him on the set all dressed up?

What reality is this

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1