Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

I’m mixed on this news. Cause I feel like thanks to that douche Ike Perlmutter, MCU was missed out on that perfect opputunity of having a Black Window solo riding the coattails of The Avengers. And thus, narratively, after Ultron, even a movie about her past seems redundant. 

But I love ScarJo, and her Black Window. And more female superheroes movies (though, technically she’s not “super” lol) is more than welcome! 

So yeah sure, bring it on. 

• Like 6

Won’t believe anything until they announce at SDCC/D23. 

I would have been more excited in 2013. Now this just kind of reeks that ScarJo’s career isn’t going the way she planned and is looking for some security. 

That said. Black Widow LADY TEAM UP movie. Sign me up. 

Apart from being 6 years too late, I wonder if this will be the first Marvel studio film with a budget under 100 mil.

Also the toy companies can't be too happy with this film. Maybe aliens and other Avengers will be involved.

Yeah, too little too late.

Look, it's Marvel: the movie will be fine and it'll make money. But unless there's some Winter Solider-esque reinvention then it's hard to get excited. I suppose the fact that BW doesn't really have a superpower gimmick is, in of itself, a bit of a novelty?

8 hours ago, Sam said:

I’m mixed on this news. Cause I feel like thanks to that douche Ike Perlmutter, MCU was missed out on that perfect opputunity of having a Black Window solo riding the coattails of The Avengers. And thus, narratively, after Ultron, even a movie about her past seems redundant. 

But I love ScarJo, and her Black Window. And more female superheroes movies (though, technically she’s not “super” lol) is more than welcome! 

So yeah sure, bring it on. 

There's also the concern that they'll turn it into a spy team movie and you'll have to deal with Hawkeye and Bucky as well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hades said:

After.... Salt, Atomic Blond, Proud Mary, Red Sparrow, Colombiana, Ghost in the Shell, Silver and Black and others... this film better have Aliens  to make it stand out.  

Actually they could do that. Have it R rated, and make a political thriller about Black Widow (maybe Hawkeye too) hunting down Skrulls who have taken the form of people inside the government and SHIELD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

There's also the concern that they'll turn it into a spy team movie and you'll have to deal with Hawkeye and Bucky as well.

You effectively raised and then killed my excitement in one sentence.

I actually would welcome Hawkguy. Even in a non-ironical way, he’s an important part of her past, and that was established well in the MCU. 

The other dude, well... you know me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Actually they could do that. Have it R rated, and make a political thriller about Black Widow (maybe Hawkeye too) hunting down Skrulls who have taken the form of people inside the government and SHIELD.

I like this idea. I just hope that if and when the movie gets made it is a spy political thriller like Winter Soldier and the little glimpses we saw in AoU

Nice thing is you can make a good Black Widow movie on a  modest budget. I think both Marvel and DC, after the huge success of the modestly budgeted Deadpool, are going to be looking for Comic Book Hero Movies that won't cost a 175 Million to make......