Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

c2f486c56942294c1b33db096eb694e7c2361f80

http://movieweb.com/black-widow-movie-marvel-phase-4/

There have been rumors of a Black Window film starring Scarlett Johansson for a long time, this isn't technically a confirmation, but it does appear it is definitely in plans for marvel down the road.

What do you guys think will this film ever get made and when? Scarlett Johansson has already played this character 5 times and isn't getting any younger, and will most likely be 7 by the time this film comes out, is there really anything left to tell of her story or is it too little too late? really can't see this release before 2020. maybe fall 2019. I would still like to see it, but we'll see.

2 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

This film should happened after the first Avengers.  It is sad that there has not been a Black Widow film. 

Blame Perlmutter. If he wasn't so...him we would've had it already.

• Like 1

Not getting any younger?  She's 31, in 2020 she'll be 36.  That's how old Evangaline Lily is now.  Cumberbatch and Boseman are 39.  Paul Rudd is 46 and they're just starting.

I'm wondering what kind of film it could be (and who are co-stars could be) and if a film catered to BW's skills and strengths might feel too small scale after Thanos.  Then again Antman & Wasp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

Not getting any younger?  She's 31, in 2020 she'll be 36.  That's how old Evangaline Lily is now.  Cumberbatch and Boseman are 39.  Paul Rudd is 46 and they're just starting.

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

she'll be 35 soon AND I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO SEE THAT so hopefully they make it soon.

Once an actress hits 30 she starts aging in dog years. It's science.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

I'm wondering what kind of film it could be (and who are co-stars could be) and if a film catered to BW's skills and strengths might feel too small scale after Thanos.  Then again Antman & Wasp.

well I said that, becuase I always felt a Black Window film should take place at least partially in the past. just not sure how long Scarlett Johansson could pull off a teen/early 20s persona, but maybe it won't be a prequel at all. 

Also I think you can't get any bigger after infinity War, I think the only way to go after that is smaller-scale and more personal. I just feel like Johansson might be completely exhausted with the character by the time this would get made, plus almost every phase 1 actor's contract is up by then, not sure if she will renew it or what. and I don't want to see another actress play Black Widow.

1 hour ago, Orestes said:

Once an actress hits 30 she starts aging in dog years. It's science.

Well hollywood does seem to hold a stigma against older actresses, it's sad but true. 

http://deadline.com/2016/05/kevin-feige-marvel-studios-captain-america-civil-war-iron-man-doctor-strange-black-panther-1201750467/

DEADLINE: You’ve got a bunch of characters in this movie from Falcon and War Machine and Black Widow and Hawkeye, who have so far guest starred in movies with another characters title above the fold. Is there one destined to get a solo movie down the line?

FEIGE: We’ve announced the next nine movies, ten counting Civil War, through the end of 2019. Where we go beyond that are ongoing discussions that we’ll focus on in the next few years because we have a lot to do before then. Of the characters that you’ve just mentioned I would say certainly the one creatively and emotionally that we are most committing to doing is Black Widow.

DEADLINE: Why?

FEIGE: We think she’s an amazing character. We think Scarlett Johansson’s portrayal of her is amazing. She’s a lead Avenger and has amazing stories in her own right to tell that we think would be fun to turn into a standalone franchise.

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 5

Marvel’s Standalone ‘Black Widow’ Movie Gains Momentum With Jac Schaeffer Writing
http://variety.com/2018/film/news/marvel-black-widow-jac-schaeffer-screenwriter-1202643908/

"Kevin Feige met with several candidates before tapping Schaeffer, and Marvel execs met with Johansson to discuss what they wanted from a “Black Widow” writer."

• Like 6