Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

13 minutes ago, doublejack said:

this is Marvel we're talking about. They are a machine 

Yes indeed, they are an impressive machine.

When things do restart, it'll be interesting to see if the big studios like Disney and WB are able to ramp up much faster than others.

Speaking of production restarting, it seems like we will probably be at a point (hopefully as soon as this summer) where things are okay to proceed again. But I'm thinking, it may not be the same for every country. Will a production in Australia be able to start up a few weeks or even a month sooner than a production in UK or US? Or vice versa?

If so, part of the release schedule going forward may be decided by which films picked the right country to film in.

Or do we think it would start all at the same time globally?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kitik said:

Yes indeed, they are an impressive machine.

When things do restart, it'll be interesting to see if the big studios like Disney and WB are able to ramp up much faster than others.

Speaking of production restarting, it seems like we will probably be at a point (hopefully as soon as this summer) where things are okay to proceed again. But I'm thinking, it may not be the same for every country. Will a production in Australia be able to start up a few weeks or even a month sooner than a production in UK or US? Or vice versa?

If so, part of the release schedule going forward may be decided by which films picked the right country to film in.

Or do we think it would start all at the same time globally?

I think you're on to something. If a vaccine is the reason the situation finally gets under control, then it probably does get resolved at about the same time in many places. The other scenarios I can envision all result in some areas getting back to normal before others. That very well could impact location selection for film makers.

I know this isnt important right now, but come the first week of April it will have been 9 months since the last MCU film. Gotta say, I'm really ready for the next chapter. It's going to suck waiting for this.

Like I said, not a priority though, I know.

• Like 1

There’s two ways a decision like this could go:

It’s a great success for Disney that brings the rapid decline of theaters or it’s a moderate success that pushes theater owners to push back on Disney’s draconian rules for showcasing their films.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Grace Randolph is the source though lmao. This reeks of the same BS as that Wrap "WW1984 will go to streaming" article.

"The Wrap's WW84 story is correct" - Grace Randolph on March 23, 2020

WB & Patty Jenkins announce the very next day that WW84 is meant to be seen on the big screen and announce a new release date 

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

16 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Only people dumber then Grace are people who take anything she says seriously.

She is doing pure clickbait BS now.

even if what she says its true, it doesnt mean that its guarantee to happen like some people on twitter says, i am sure that disney had this kind of discussions about possible options, but to tease it like its locked to happen ........

• Like 1

WW84 does have a new release day. Black Widow doesn't. And Disney might be in real financial crisis, hence they might need some big money quickly and not a year from now. If the world pandemic situation continues for a long time, Disney might consider to release Black Widow and Mulan online, considering that Onward is doing very well with its digital release. I still think that Black Widow will be released on theaters, but i don't rule out other possibilities.  

Edited by Marcus Cato

29 minutes ago, Marcus Cato said:

WW84 does have a new release day. Black Widow doesn't. And Disney might be in real financial crisis, hence they might need some big money quickly and not a year from now. If the world pandemic situation continues for a long time, Disney might consider to release Black Widow and Mulan online, considering that Onward is doing very well with its digital release. I still think that Black Widow will be released on theaters, but i don't rule out other possibilities.  

This movie isnt going online unless Disney was on the verge of total collapse.

Also whatever money could be generated by this films release onto VOD isnt going to help Disney in any financial turmoil they might be in.

It makes no sense for these big franchise movies to go VOD no matter how anyone spins it. Trolls 2 is a special case.

• Like 2

Seriously..  this article

But some fans really need to understand that things aren’t going to magically get back to normal anytime soon and Disney isn’t going to sit on a movie for over a year

Fast and Furious has been delayed by year already. Video games can get delayed for 4+ years. Delays happen. Fanboys are morons. And people tnat feed into them for internet fame are pathetic.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Sean B said:

What could the theater closures mean for Black Widow’s Blu-Ray release, as well as other Blu-Ray releases for movies that were supposed to be released this summer?

They get delayed.

27 minutes ago, AJG said:

Seriously..  this article

Fast and Furious has been delayed by year already. Video games can get delayed for 4+ years. Delays happen. Fanboys are morons. And people tnat feed into them for internet fame are pathetic.

I was literally about to give this example. Universal can sit on FF9 for a year but other studios can't? Lmao.