Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

8 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

I don’t understand the “delays deflate hype” argument at all. I expect it will be the reverse.    

Of course people on average are less interested in this now than they were last February — it’s much farther from release and hasn’t had serious marketing for months.   

Same opinion goes equally for the non-MCU movies like Bond, AQP, WW84, etc

Problem is not the movie. Its that you dont have any interest in watching an action blockbuster in a crowded multiplex. I am not sure we will be there next May. That said Disney did the right thing in planning it out early. I am not sure what WB is thinking keeping WW84 for christmas. There is absolutely no chance of BO being even 30% normal by then. I think at some point studios should rather release it direct to home rather than releasing in these times. Or delay until critical mass is vaccinated and we can confirm the efficacy. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, Maggie said:

I think there's a general apathy about these 2020 movies that had already started their campaigns. Some of them released two trailers already. It's just that people are tired of waiting and it's hard to get them excited again. Their trailers released are old news by now, the marketing next year will have a hard time coming up with fresh, new material for something like say, Top Gun 2 that already has three trailers plus a behind the scenes.

Idk, i hope i'm wrong. I think people will be more interested in films that have not started their campaign yet, like Shang chi.

To be more clear, I'm strictly talking about 2020 movies that already started their marketing campaign with trailers and all that stuff

Edited by Maggie

2 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Studios need to release/sell all their 2020 movies on/to streaming/vod/Ppv etc and be done with it. It is unfortunate, but gotta take the hit and move on. 

What are theatres gonna do when the pandemic finally lifts then? They can't keep playing Hocus Pocus till eternity.

4 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Studios need to release/sell all their 2020 movies on/to streaming/vod/Ppv etc and be done with it. It is unfortunate, but gotta take the hit and move on. 

Utter nonsense. Sheer insanity. Mindboggling take.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Bond will never give up on a theatrical release. I can see Marvel being slightly more open to that given Disney has a platform to promote and there's another 27 MCU movies in the pipeline.

But Bond WAS open to a digital release. They wanted a big price for it, but they still were clearly willing to explore it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Bond will never give up on a theatrical release. I can see Marvel being slightly more open to that given Disney has a platform to promote and there's another 27 MCU movies in the pipeline.

According to this, I think in December Disney will be announcing that all their new movies will be available on Disney +, but still get a theatrical release at the same time. 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

But Bond WAS open to a digital release.

Where they really? I mean, you can say anything is open for a price but if the price is insane is it really open? They were apparently looking for north of $700 million for a one year window, on a film that would probably make around $350-450 million for the studio if it went to theaters (after the theater cut and all that). 

I don't know if I consider a ridiculous price for something to count as actually being down to do it. 

• Like 2

The delays for this and the other tentpoles are probably having little to no effect on anticipation because marketing has pretty much halted for everything. Only a few somewhat started promotion again back when things were looking semi-optimistic but stopped again when it became clear there was no hope left for 2020.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 12:49 PM, marveldcfox said:

This will happen. Studios get what I tried to imply. WW84 is the first. Many more to follow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1