Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

It's been a few hours since the release and it's still trending in top 5. Yelena is trending, too.

Peeked a bit on Marvel's Weibo page and the Chinese fans are still excited despite the virus, waiting for it to end so they could watch the movie 😂

• Like 1

Weird. Top trends in US I am seeing are

1) #marketcrash

2) #Sydow

3) #Cartoonsthatshouldreturn

4) #NationalNappingDay

5) #MondayMotivation

6) #COVID2019

7) Jamie Damon

8 ) Strange Brew

9) S&P 500

10) Fake President

Anyway I will leave it you folks to judge the hype. 

This site tracks the trends. 

https://trends24.in/united-states/

Edited by keysersoze123

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Weird. Top trends in US I am seeing are

1) #marketcrash

2) #Sydow

3) #Cartoonsthatshouldreturn

4) #NationalNappingDay

5) #MondayMotivation

6) #COVID2019

7) Jamie Damon

8 ) Strange Brew

9) S&P 500

10) Fake President

Anyway I will leave it you folks to judge the hype. 

This site tracks the trends. 

https://trends24.in/united-states/

Its a bit low in the states at #21 but #5 worldwide.

2 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Its a bit low in the states at #21 but #5 worldwide.

its now at #6.  So its ok. Still its weird to release trailer today. Should have waited until Mulan's release hoping situation is rosier. Plus they normally release one with ticket sales annoucement. Since the situation is fluid, Disney could delay ticket sales until late.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

its now at #6.  So its ok. Still its weird to release trailer today. Should have waited until Mulan's release hoping situation is rosier. Plus they normally release one with ticket sales annoucement. Since the situation is fluid, Disney could delay ticket sales until late.

i would say in general , not only dom but os too , and thats a good thing , we still have 2 months to ago for the movies, it was wise, to keep the date in case the situation is good/or better, but hold the ticket sales, in case it will not , so they will be able to move it in case they must

Edited by john2000

Probably the best trailer for this movie but still probably won't see it in the theaters. I will definitely see it at some point on blu ray or streaming though. 

I still think it will do solid numbers, at worst 

34 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i dont know how trends work but based from the link black widow has 80 k tweet , isnt this really good ?

Apparently if it doesn't outperform a massive, viral outbreak and a major stock market collapse it means there's no hype. This isn't exactly a slow news day.

• Like 8

The #BlackWidow hashtag is still trending worldwide with 120k tweets with 2.7M views on Twitter 4 hours+ after its release. So it's definitely nothing to sniff at for the 2nd trailer. Heck I'm even surprised that it still got this much attention despite all the dreadful COVID-19 news.

I didn't really expect this schedule of trailer release to move since it's usually around this week when they release 2nd trailers for their May releases in past years. But it's good that they withheld the ticket release just in case.

• Like 2