Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

still the movie is almost half done

That's not going to make a difference when production started barely 12 months before the movie's release. A 2 month stop means that the movie won't make its current release date. No clue why Disney didn't start production for the movie earlier like they did with The Eternals.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I’ll say this; not everyone will have time to watch the D+ shows so they better have done plan for the movies to be seen without having to see the shows 

You’ll be able to watch the movies without watching the shows — just like you can watch movies without watching the earlier movies.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Aside from the films, this is probably going to delay the Disney + projects.You are going to have one hell of a crush on studio space when filming resumens.

? falcon and in winter soldier is almost done i think, as for the other tv shows mcu, some of them will start in july, other in november so they have a lot of time

ps they didnt say at least right now what other productions will stop

Edited by john2000

3 hours ago, john2000 said:

? so you know that the virus will continue for sure in august ? ok then

I think people are underestimating how much this is impacting the industry. Every single production, tv and film, is being shut down. Certain upcoming movies won’t meet their release dates at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arendelle Legion said:

You’ll be able to watch the movies without watching the shows — just like you can watch movies without watching the earlier movies.

I mean, you’re not wrong. We’ll have to see how connected the shows and movies will be I guess.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I think people are underestimating how much this is impacting the industry. Every single production, tv and film, is being shut down. Certain upcoming movies won’t meet their release dates at this point.

i said specifically about mcu projects and only that as of now other than shang shi and doc 2, all the other mcu movies and tv shows suppose to start in july and some shows on nov, so we have a lot of time, at the same time wanda vision is finished and falcon has like  some days,needed to finish , doc strange 2 is vert uncertain as for shang shi i would say chances it meets the date are 40% yes 60% no

Potentially crazy argument for it staying, but here me out:

• This'd be easier/less expensive than Mulan to use as a test for the market later on in the year.
  • If it bombs Disney could move it quickly to Disney+ (similar to how they just rushed Frozen 2 onto there) with more access to a VOD audience.
  • Eventually, SOMEONE is gonna have to be the one to see how audiences respond to a big film post-outbreak. A Marvel film a couple months out with a lot less competition than it was going to face wouldn't be a terrible way to test that.
Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Potentially crazy argument for it staying, but here me out:

• This'd be easier/less expensive than Mulan to use as a test for the market later on in the year.
  • If it bombs Disney could move it quickly to Disney+ (similar to how they just rushed Frozen 2 onto there) with more access to a VOD audience.
  • Eventually, SOMEONE is gonna have to be the one to see how audiences respond to a big film post-outbreak. A Marvel film a couple months out with a lot less competition than it was going to face wouldn't be a terrible way to test that.

You weren't wrong on it being crazy, that's for sure.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

• If it bombs Disney could move it quickly to Disney+ (similar to how they just rushed Frozen 2 onto there) with more access to a VOD audience

Virus or not, Disney literally cannot do that due to agreements with the theatre companies which guarantee a 12 week theatrical exclusivity window, it’s why Netflix has no luck getting the major cinemas to screen their movies when they want to put a film on Netflix 3-4 weeks after a theatrical debut.

Frozen 2 came out in November and is now outside the three month exclusivity period, once that period is up Disney can do whatever they want with it as putting it on Disney+ only eats into their own potential Blu Ray/DVD/Digital sales.

Black Widow and Mulan will just be delayed, putting them on Disney+ would make absolutely no financial sense given they are both guaranteed to be monster grossers at the box office, particularly BW.

7 hours ago, john2000 said:

? falcon and in winter soldier is almost done i think, as for the other tv shows mcu, some of them will start in july, other in november so they have a lot of time

ps they didnt say at least right now what other productions will stop

Every live action project in the US will stop.That was in the release.

7 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

This. The press release states that every live action Disney production will stop production. Which makes prefect sense. People can get infected working on a TV show just as much as a movie.

People here just don't read carefully.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, john2000 said:

i said specifically about mcu projects and only that as of now other than shang shi and doc 2, all the other mcu movies and tv shows suppose to start in july and some shows on nov, so we have a lot of time, at the same time wanda vision is finished and falcon has like  some days,needed to finish , doc strange 2 is vert uncertain as for shang shi i would say chances it meets the date are 40% yes 60% no

Dr Strange 2 is nowhere near ready to start production.

• Like 2