Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

1 minute ago, Cap said:

Drop it on May 1 on Disney+.  🤷‍♀️

Seriiously, All the people who think DIsney will drop their big budget tentpoles on Disney Plus don't understand the dynamics of the business.

A few throwaway releases, like "The New Mutants" yes, but not your tentpoles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Seriiously, All the people who think DIsney will drop their big budget tentpoles on Disney Plus don't understand the dynamics of the business.

A few throwaway releases, like "The New Mutants" yes, but not your tentpoles.

yeah i really cannot understand the logic behind that, how can anyone think that any studio will dump a movie, that is a potential 1 billion grosser, and with a budget of around 170 to a streaming plaform

14 minutes ago, Cap said:

Drop it on May 1 on Disney+.  🤷‍♀️

You mean to tell me Ryan Murphy's alternate history Hollywood series set to drop on Netflix that weekend (unless they push it) isn't enough for ya?

Edited by filmlover
  • Haha 1

As I said earlier, this possibly takes the Eternals date in November. The big *if* is whether things are better by then. I think there's a very good possibility that BW becomes a May 2021 release. This makes even more sense if it takes 6 or 12 months to finish filming Shang-Chi. 2020 could just be "the year with no MCU film".

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

BW as May 20121 tentpole makes a lot of sense. if Strange 2 isn't ready by then, they have a ready blockbuster to take the prime spot. Strange gets may 2022 date or something. it makes more sense than move May release to Novemeber 2020 and November one to May 2021. There's a reason why they allocated different dates for those movies, why they think something is better positioned in May and something else in November.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

Just now, Valonqar said:

BW as May 20121 tentpole makes a lot of sense. if Strange 2 isn't ready by then, they have a ready blockbuster to take the prime spot. Strange gets may 2022 date or something. it makes more sense than move May release to Novemeber 2020 and November one to May 2021. There's a reason why they allocated different dates for those movies, why they think something is better positioned in May and something else in November.

i doubt that they will delay the movie that much, its way more likely to take eternals spot or come late 2020 if you ask me

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

they'll probably do as you say though BW and No Time to Die aka 2 spy movies in a short time are a bit of an overkill if you ask me.

well ok maybe not nov, but, hmm, what about decemeber, i would very much want to see an mcu movie in december

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Because Disney doesn’t want to give up IMAX and fits their schedule better. 

Besides Eternals would move to February as Shang Chi moves to May. Competition is more likely to effect a MCU movie than release date. Black Panther did more than IW domestically in February.

7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Eternals would move to February as Shang Chi moves to May. Competition is more likely to effect a MCU movie than release date. Black Panther did more than IW domestically in February.

This is what's most likely, at this point.

But of course everything's changing by the hour...in the world, let alone in Hollywood.

Edited by Macleod
  • Thanks 1