Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

On 12/4/2020 at 11:29 AM, Saul Goodman said:

Exactly. WB is desperate to get more subscribers for HBO Max. Disney+ has Mandalorian going on right now and WandaVision next month. HBO Max doesn't have any series close to popularity of those two.

If they want more subscribers, why limit the service to US territories?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

1 hour/week won't be enough for folks to keep a service...

They are gonna need more, especially if they want to up their price (which has been rumored).

I'd say they need to combine that with either a hit movie, or "one show/week from all of the big 3 - Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars" to be able to keep folks on post discounts...

I mean, I watched 1 hour of Hulu/week - that wasn't nearly enough to keep me, once it was $6/month...

I feel like a big difference between D+ and other platforms is the family brand of D+ allows people with kids to just use it as a babysitter. I'm sure many of the subscribers aren't even thinking about the next SW or Marvel show but just having content for their kid who's stuck inside all winter.

50 minutes ago, Thomas Beck said:

I live in Denmark(Scandinavia). We have HBO Nordic and were just told that it will transfer to HBO Max in 2. Half of 2021.

So its comming

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Thomas Beck said:

I believe this will come down to licensing....

Here in australia there no plans to release HBO Max here as far as I know.  Currently the "home of HBO" in Australia remains with Foxtel which i very much doubt they will willingly give up without a fight.  Which is the whole issue here.  WB will continue to release to cinemas exclusively like normal here in australia. As it stands much of WB licensing sits with Foxtel i think.

EDIT - Warners did a deal with Foxtel about 6 months back.  All HBO Max new content will premire through Foxtel and their streaming service Binge.  I highly doubt this includes the movies coming to HBO Max though.  Ultimately this means HBO Max isnt' coming as a seperate streaming service to australia however it is included with foxtel and i assume binge.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Thomas Beck said:

Because they aren't that stupid. They see the US market as a lost cause, so, why release movies there when they will do such a small numbers when you can instead get a boost to your streaming service? OS markets already proved they can make good numbers for a big movie, look at Tenet, and they don't want to lose that money that will be the only profit that may make on this mess, that's why they are releasing first on OS cinemas, and then DOM. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

I believe this will come down to licensing....

Here in australia there no plans to release HBO Max here as far as I know.  Currently the "home of HBO" in Australia remains with Foxtel which i very much doubt they will willingly give up without a fight.  Which is the whole issue here.  WB will continue to release to cinemas exclusively like normal here in australia. As it stands much of WB licensing sits with Foxtel i think.

EDIT - Warners did a deal with Foxtel about 6 months back.  All HBO Max new content will premire through Foxtel and their streaming service Binge.  I highly doubt this includes the movies coming to HBO Max though.  Ultimately this means HBO Max isnt' coming as a seperate streaming service to australia however it is included with foxtel and i assume binge.

How many people have foxtel anymore though? 

On 12/5/2020 at 11:47 AM, Thomas Beck said:

Because of preexisting contracts. According to Sky HBO Max won't be in the UK for five years.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/hbo/hbo-max-will-not-be-available-in-the-uk-for-at-least-the-next-5-years-a175670#gs.mxibdk

• Like 1

Now that Covid has forced studios to find alternatives, such as VOD, for film releases is this the beginning of a downward slide for theaters? Not that they go away mind you but people have for years been saying, "Let me just watch it at home". Too many rude people, phones, crying babies and talking children in films they shouldn't be at have irritated folks with the cinema experience for years, years now.

Sure this has been discussed but not sure where. I've been off the boards for awhile do to theater experience down. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Fingers crossed critical markets have vaccinated enough folks to make full theatrical release for this. This could be the 1st big movie post COVID as it has until May. This could also be a movie with minimal markets releasing early as they will look for optimal dates looking at vaccination levels of the market. 

Fingers definitely crossed. I want Black Widow to the the glorious return of the MCU and the box office, but only if things are actually going in the direction they need to. I want @WandaLegion's club to be a success, even though I'm out. 

On 12/11/2020 at 2:54 AM, Saul Goodman said:

Glad they're sticking with theatrical release.

Agreed, though I think the May release will be put back; if the current CPvid Projections hold. It is going to be late summer/autumn before things get back to whaever the new normalis going to be.

17 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Fingers crossed critical markets have vaccinated enough folks to make full theatrical release for this. This could be the 1st big movie post COVID as it has until May. This could also be a movie with minimal markets releasing early as they will look for optimal dates looking at vaccination levels of the market. 

Looking more and more from what the sceinests say, late summer will be the earliest that things can safely reopen.

The Problem is that if people do not keep up the safety measures,the COvid will spread faster then the vaccine can contain it,k and the pain will be prolonged.

If you want to see Black widow in a theater, wear a mask. Don't be surprised if the date drops back again, though.