Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

10 minutes ago, john2000 said:

guys you think that they will announce the views of the teaser for 24 , from what we know so far with comparisons with captain marvel, the marvel channel official accounts and marvel india , captain marvel was at around 55 and black widow 53, so black widow teaser shouldnt be far off elsewhere

Captain Marvel should be lower, not all 13 million Marvel India views will be from the first day. As for the 24 hour number, you'll have to be patient. It's not really predictable when they decide to announce these things.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, john2000 said:

actually 105-110 mill vbiews in 24 hours for a black widow film is crazy

It’s really not. Black Widow is a popular character in the hottest franchise on the planet right now and has a decade of character development and attracting fans. I think it’s pretty normal/expected numbers for an MCU film after the past two years we’ve had. Would only look crazy to somebody expecting this to be Ant-Man tier, and I’d say that’s what the real craziness would be. 

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Like 4

As someone noted, the MCU and the actual Marvel Comics are two different things when it comes to the  popularity of charecters. BW has never been a big solo figure in the comics,she has been a team player most of the time,  but she is very popular with MCU viewers.

A different someone mentioned the Eternals and the creation of the Marvel Universe. I am betting that will be soft  peddled in the movie. You are getting into religious beliefs there, and Marvel has always been careful to avoid stepping on toes there. Notice how in the first Thor film they realy emphasized "They are not Gods, but humanoid beings who live a very long time and are more advanced then we are, who were consisered gods by early man". I suspect that will continue.  Marvel will not step on anybody's religious beliefs;bad for box office.

• Like 1

guys , twitter is worst than i though, i was arguin, with a dude, about taskmaster mask, he said, that the skull its not  like in the comics, and thats bc of china, i said, that if true they could easily have made another mask, or cgi the mask for the china release , asssuming that this is true, and then he said that this would have ballooned the budget ..........................wtf 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

The blasphemy of people comparing this to MI. So disrespectful

its called, opinions, maybe you should learn it , jesus......people can compare it, to whatever they want, whats your problem

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DlAMONDZ said:

The blasphemy of people comparing this to MI. So disrespectful

Yes, I too know exactly what the quality of the 2 hour movie will be from this 2 minute clip. It is the same skill I used to make billions in oil futures.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Eric Plus said:

The motorcycle scene with ScarJo and Pugh sounds pretty lit

15 hours ago, TMP said:

Needs more doves cowbell.

Sorry!  Had to do it.  :bagoverhead:

Oh, and the trailer was okay.  Nothing special.  Although I am intrigued by what little it showed of Harbor.  It looks like he will be a fun character.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

1.2M likes on the official channel's video. Yeah this will do great and surprise the naysayers.

I'm thinking a GotG2/Captain Marvel type opening. For a bigger range, anywhere between $140M to $160M.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

MCU fan support is multitudes that of any comic run support.

To put their audiences/consumers in perspective - Deconnick's CM comics sold monthly in the 20ks (sometimes the teens).   After the film gave her  a boost its now mid 30ks

CM was huge because it was part of the MCU and directly tied into AIW and AEG and MCU's fist solo female lead film.

Black Widow will be huge because of her place in the MCU not her comics runs.

For CM, Deconnick personally shepherded in a group of dedicated fans, that existed (and perpetuated) despite basically having no support from Marvel. (This is a common problem: creators often have to do their own publicity for their books.) That means there was a group of very keyed in people that started talking about the film from the getgo, and in unrelentingly positive ways. These hardcore fans aren't the moviegoing audience, but they do start the word of mouth that makes the audience excited.