Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

1 hour ago, Jedi Jat said:

Booooooring.

No one asked for this filler.

Never thought an MCU film can be such an uneventful flick.

I actually asked Victoria Alonso for it in person at SDCC in like 2013, 2014.  She was super nice.  Kevin Feige's not wrong when he says this is one of the most, if not most, requested films by the fans.  

The problem is that a lot has changed since 2013.  Back then the Studio was being held hostage by basically the Red Skull who didn't think "women could lead superheroes cause no one buys their toys."  Now Papa Feige completely in charge and committed to making a more inclusive and diverse MCU.  Back then she was the only lady.  Now we have enough for Carol "I Have Nothing To Prove To You" Danvers to get "Help".  I don't have to Stan her anymore out of principle.  Add in that Natasha had a very emotional and satisfying end in Endgame, it does feel like filler.  I really don't need to know about Natasha's backstory.  Her time has passed.  So I think that feel with it's like a "non-event".

All of this said, I'm still going to be there opening night.  If only for the ETERNALS TAG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Cap said:

I actually asked Victoria Alonso for it in person at SDCC in like 2013, 2014.  She was super nice.  Kevin Feige's not wrong when he says this is one of the most, if not most, requested films by the fans.  

The problem is that a lot has changed since 2013.  Back then the Studio was being held hostage by basically the Red Skull who didn't think "women could lead superheroes cause no one buys their toys."  Now Papa Feige completely in charge and committed to making a more inclusive and diverse MCU.  Back then she was the only lady.  Now we have enough for Carol "I Have Nothing To Prove To You" Danvers to get "Help".  I don't have to Stan her anymore out of principle.  Add in that Natasha had a very emotional and satisfying end in Endgame, it does feel like filler.  I really don't need to know about Natasha's backstory.  Her time has passed.  So I think that feel with it's like a "non-event".

All of this said, I'm still going to be there opening night.  If only for the ETERNALS TAG

I guess that would be calmer side of me.

• Haha 1

Just now, Jedi Jat said:

I guess that would be calmer side of me.

If it makes you feel better, it's cause I'm She-Hulked out over Star Wars.  I don't have the strength to fight two Fandom Wars.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jedi Jat said:

but what's there to watch?

Neither the action is mindblowing nor Widow's side quest got enough pull. This may come as sexist, but BW is cool when playing a sidekick to other major heroes or doing office work. Her side quest is bleh.

The legs will be ugly for this unless opening is also poor or film is surprisingly great.

charlie i like you mate, but you judge the legs of a movie from a trailer that you didnt like ? are you serious ?

Edited by john2000
  • Like 3

The fighting looks spot on, it’s what the character deserves, great fight choreography. I caught Rachel’s character doing the head scissors similar to Iron Man 2. 

Lots of Florence! Yes! 

I wonder if they’ll add in some “Academy Award Nominee” banners above the names of Scar Jo and Pugh on the final posters haha 

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I wonder if they’ll add in some “Academy Award Nominee” banners above the names of Scar Jo and Pugh on the final posters haha 

Who cares about nominees when have Academy Award Winner Rachel Weisz

😉

45 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The fighting looks spot on, it’s what the character deserves, great fight choreography. I caught Rachel’s character doing the head scissors similar to Iron Man 2. 

Lots of Florence! Yes! 

Wow, I never realised Scarlett Johansson had never been nominated before yesterday. I thought she won for Lost in Translation lol.

23 minutes ago, john2000 said:

good ?

Already at almost 1.4M views on Weibo. It's expected to do gangbusters in China. The first teaser blew up over there. I believe Gavin tweeted about that back then.

China is gonna get a lot of Scarlett content this first half of 2020 with Jojo Rabbit and Marriage Story having February limited and wide release schedules respectfully, and then with Black Widow a few months afterward.

Marvel just has to ride the wave. It certainly doesn't hurt that the actresses who plays Natasha and Yelena are freshly nominated at the Oscars.

Edit. It was actually already at 1.4M when I was typing this.

Edited by sahmeelg
  • Like 1

A bit difficult to compare initial YT metrics with the trailer given the different times of day, but:

Time ; views ; likes

1 hour; 227k; 32k

2 hour; 321k; 45k

3 hour; 384k; 54k

4 hour; 427k; 60k

5 hour; 464k; 65k  

Guessing final likes in 200s, beating CM slightly. Seems like it’s a lot more impressive on Twitter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

Wow, I never realised Scarlett Johansson had never been nominated before yesterday. I thought she won for Lost in Translation lol.

Haha I actually thought she was nominated when she was younger for Pearl Earring, but it was a Globe. 

1 hour ago, Cap said:

Who cares about nominees when have Academy Award Winner Rachel Weisz

😉

Her name will be down the bottom in the credits (I’m kidding) 

Edited by Krissykins