Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

If the situation is bad and Black Widow has to move then it's very likely F9 and WW84 also move. 

No studio will want bad headlines for their major franchise in any possible condition. 

It's really sad and at the same time very horrifying. 

2020 is turning out to be very bad year. 

Wasn’t Black Widow supposed to come out on July 31st, 2020 (Morbius current release date) when GOTG 3 was set for this year? 

I could see a possible rearrangement between Disney and Sony, if not then Black Widow could come out on Labor Day weekend or something.

Edited by JGAR4LIFE

29 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Are there any reports or rumblings out there that are actually leading to this speculation of tentpole films being moved or are people just suggesting it could happen?

no, just suggestions, it could happen though , however its too early to tell, but as of now , nope

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

no, just suggestions, it could happen though , however its too early to tell, but as of now , nope

Okay thanks. That's what I thought. Personally, I think for better or worse studios will just release movies where they're slated and hope for the best. I'm not saying it's not a real and scary thing, but I think the coronvirus hysteria will die down soon. More people every year die from the common flu worldwide, but it's not reported. Because it's the flu. It's like, whatever. Now there's a new kind of virus that nobody has heard of and everyone is panicking.

Again, not saying that it's something to just shrug off. I just think the sensationalist media is getting everyone a little too worked up.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Okay thanks. That's what I thought. Personally, I think for better or worse studios will just release movies where they're slated and hope for the best. I'm not saying it's not a real and scary thing, but I think the coronvirus hysteria will die down soon. More people every year die from the common flu worldwide, but it's not reported. Because it's the flu. It's like, whatever. Now there's a new kind of virus that nobody has heard of and everyone is panicking.

Again, not saying that it's something to just shrug off. I just think the sensationalist media is getting everyone a little too worked up.

i agree with you, studios will just continue as they are for now at least, lets hope for the best 

Edited by john2000

If by the time this is close to release things are looking bad, considering the worldwide launch of Disney+, as crap as it would be, maybe they can use this new platform and combine a pay-per-view option for existing subscribers with a discounted sub for new ones during the "launch weekend".

Of course, they could all decide to push everything back - if current production schedules get affected, then holding tent poles back for 6-12 months will allow studios to fill those slots. 

One way or another, studios will weather the storm.

Cinemas - particularly small chains or independent ones - are a bigger question mark, if this is a prolonged situation.

So with Bond delayed there seems to be a possibility this will be as well. Shouldn't a second trailer have been released by this point? Seems a bit suspicious that we haven't seen it yet, I thought they usually did one 2 months before release. They could maybe be putting the decision off and seeing how this all turns out since there's 57 days to go, but they've got to be at least thinking about it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gamora said:

So with Bond delayed there seems to be a possibility this will be as well. Shouldn't a second trailer have been released by this point? Seems a bit suspicious that we haven't seen it yet, I thought they usually did one 2 months before release. They could maybe be putting the decision off and seeing how this all turns out since there's 57 days to go, but they've got to be at least thinking about it.

usually the trailers for mcu may movies come in 10-15 of march so as of now its right on time

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, john2000 said:

usually the trailers for mcu may movies come in 10-15 of march so as of now its right on time

Hmm. Seems to be a bit of a mixed bag. Looking at May releases I can see Civil War released one on 11th March but then Vol 2 did one on 2nd March while IW did 17th March and EG 14th March. Meanwhile CM and BP both had trailers well before the 2 month mark. I guess the next 10 days will be telling unless we hear something directly from Marvel.

31 minutes ago, Gamora said:

Don't think behind the scenes all the studios are not in panic mode over the virus and drawing up contingency plans now.

Real problem is even if the theaters are not closed by the government, a lot of people are going avoid crowds whenever possible.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1