Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

I think there's a good possibility that 2020 is the first year in a quite a while we don't get a MCU film. Theaters won't be open in May, so there's no question Black Widow will be pushed back. How far will the date slip, that's the question.

Right now, I think the containment measures will be in place for 3-6 or 7 months. If we end up on the longer end of that, then BW is released in the May 2021 slot. If things get back to relative normal in less time then maybe it takes the Immortals date. My best guess is this takes longer to play out that most are presently thinking, and BW becomes a 2021 release.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, doublejack said:

I think there's a good possibility that 2020 is the first year in a quite a while we don't get a MCU film. Theaters won't be open in May, so there's no question Black Widow will be pushed back. How far will the date slip, that's the question.

Right now, I think the containment measures will be in place for 3-6 or 7 months. If we end up on the longer end of that, then BW is released in the May 2021 slot. If things get back to relative normal in less time then maybe it takes the Immortals date. My best guess is this takes longer to play out that most are presently thinking, and BW becomes a 2021 release.

They’re not gonna push it that far. I don’t see why August or November can’t work for Black Widow.

7 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

They’re not gonna push it that far. I don’t see why August or November can’t work for Black Widow.

Dude, theaters may not be open, that's why. I know not everyone gets this yet, but you can't think of the current situation like a blizzard or tsunami. This isn't a disaster that wreaks havoc and then things get back to normal-ish in a few weeks. This is going to be more like the COVID-19 winter, an extended period of time where everyday life is disrupted.

I know, Disney wants to release their films ASAP. They want money. There are larger issues at play. None of us have lived through anything like this. There may be no MLB season this year. The gravity of the situation is immense.

Disney will not release an expensive move that they expect to make a lot of money from until they are pretty sure the box office has stabilized. There's just no way to project when that will happen. Yes, it could very easily extend into 2021.

12 minutes ago, doublejack said:

Dude, theaters may not be open, that's why. I know not everyone gets this yet, but you can't think of the current situation like a blizzard or tsunami. This isn't a disaster that wreaks havoc and then things get back to normal-ish in a few weeks. This is going to be more like the COVID-19 winter, an extended period of time where everyday life is disrupted.

I know, Disney wants to release their films ASAP. They want money. There are larger issues at play. None of us have lived through anything like this. There may be no MLB season this year. The gravity of the situation is immense.

Disney will not release an expensive move that they expect to make a lot of money from until they are pretty sure the box office has stabilized. There's just no way to project when that will happen. Yes, it could very easily extend into 2021.

it could but you are talking like its a fact that they will 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, john2000 said:

it could but you are talking like its a fact that they will 

No, I'm not. Re-read my posts.

I state that it is a fact the May 2020 release date is not happening. I then said possibly BW is released late this year, but more likely it slides into next year. I'm trying to be very realistic about the situation and guesstimating when the film can be released as a thought exercise. My data says many still don't have a grasp on the situation and tend to underestimate the long term impacts.

Edited by doublejack

30 minutes ago, doublejack said:

No, I'm not. Re-read my posts.

I state that it is a fact the May 2020 release date is not happening. I then said possibly BW is released late this year, but more likely it slides into next year. I'm trying to be very realistic about the situation and guesstimating when the film can be released as a thought exercise. My data says many still don't have a grasp on the situation and tend to underestimate the long term impacts.

Personally I'm preparing myself for it being pushed back a year as well. Who knows if that'll happen since we'll have to see how this all proceeds, but I'm thinking worst case scenario kinda thing. Of course that will push back the entire MCU slate as it seems they play into each other (I thought I'd heard that at least? I stay away from spoilers so I can't say for sure myself, only what I've read), but with everything that's going on right now, I can see it as a possibility. I'd prefer that to releasing it on streaming though, cuz fuck that. I want to see this shit in IMAX not on my TV screen. All we can do is wait though, I can imagine Disney and Marvel are just in a holding pattern now and once it is announced to be pulled from its current release date, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get a new one for a while.

On 3/14/2020 at 10:16 AM, Krissykins said:

Disney will want to get Mulan over and done with first to try and claw back some of the losses they’ve already made with it, so Black Widow will be second priority for a release date. 

I honestly think Mulan is going to Christmas.

2 minutes ago, doublejack said:

2021? Because we can't be certain theaters will be open this August.

Well, then everyone needs to pull every movie from the schedule. I would say move it to the first weekend of August 2020. If this doesn't recover enough until then, just pull everything from schedule and do a new one.

• Like 1

Considering production of movies could be frozen for months, Disney will have open dates with its 2021 schedule as well. So BW moves to Eternals slot and Eternals will move to Shang Chi date. Shang Chi date will depend on shooting. It has not been that long in production and until we know when production can resume, its hard to predict. There will be logistical issues once things start. You cannot spin things back in a week or  a month. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Well, then everyone needs to pull every movie from the schedule. I would say move it to the first weekend of August 2020. If this doesn't recover enough until then, just pull everything from schedule and do a new one.

or take eternals spot in nov, and move eternals in dec

7 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Considering production of movies could be frozen for months, Disney will have open dates with its 2021 schedule as well. So BW moves to Eternals slot and Eternals will move to Shang Chi date. Shang Chi date will depend on shooting. It has not been that long in production and until we know when production can resume, its hard to predict. There will be logistical issues once things start. You cannot spin things back in a week or  a month. 

yep it really depends, on when they will start working on it, the good news is, that almost all except shang and doc 2, start filming in july , same goes for tv shows too, and some other tv shows will start in nov, so thats good for them, but yeah i will probably except an entire reschelude of phase 4 , in terms of release dates, as all of this projects are interconected so if one project cant meet its deadline, then they must reschelude the whole thing, but i would probably expect all the projects in the same row, first bw, then eternals then shang shi etc , lets see on what they will do, the good thing is that marvel is a well oiled machine, so i dont worry

Edited by john2000

1 hour ago, doublejack said:

Right now, I think the containment measures will be in place for 3-6 or 7 months. 

Disagreed. I think there's a finite limit to how long you can keep people locked up in their homes. Society can't shut down for too long. Two months from now, we'll be able to say whether all these shutdowns worked or not. If they worked, and covid numbers are way down, then everyone will want to pat themselves on the back and get back to work. If they don't work, and numbers stay high for two straight months, then people will say there's no point, and we might as well get on with business as usual as much as it's possible anymore.

We'll get a preview in a few weeks when China fully opens everything up again.

• Thanks 1

There's so many variables right now between when cinemas will open again, what dates could be taken, when filming for upcoming movies can even start up again that I'm just not thinking about it myself. There's too much we don't know and a ton left to be determined as it depends on how long this will drag out. It completely sucks but there's not much else to do but sit and wait.

I was also thinking about moving BW to August and leaving Eternals in Nov as well, but will cinemas be open again by then? If they move BW to Nov and push everything back, is November even safe? Far too hard to tell at this point so I'll expect the worst while hoping for the best. But claiming a date now even if it has to be moved again may be for the best, and the worst that could happen is they'd have to reschedule it at a later date. 

4 minutes ago, kitik said:

Disagreed. I think there's a finite limit to how long you can keep people locked up in their homes. Society can't shut down for too long. Two months from now, we'll be able to say whether all these shutdowns worked or not. If they worked, and covid numbers are way down, then everyone will want to pat themselves on the back and get back to work. If they don't work, and numbers stay high for two straight months, then people will say there's no point, and we might as well get on with business as usual as much as it's possible anymore.

We'll get a preview in a few weeks when China fully opens everything up again.

not only that, but there is the question, of how long a nation can sustain these measure, as this measure, hurt the economy too in a very big way , if every country does that, then i doubt that the worldwider economy coulld sustain this measure for more than 3-4 months, without not activities that will help the economy in a big way

Since when has "worst case scenario" morphed into "the only realistic option"? And anything that isn't Ned on the bus in Infinity War suddenly becoming "unrealistic optimism"? 

At this point, I don't see why assuming BW would move to something like November would be any more or less realistic than it having to get pushed back a whole year or something. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Gamora said:

There's so many variables right now between when cinemas will open again, what dates could be taken, when filming for upcoming movies can even start up again that I'm just not thinking about it myself. There's too much we don't know and a ton left to be determined as it depends on how long this will drag out. It completely sucks but there's not much else to do but sit and wait.

I was also thinking about moving BW to August and leaving Eternals in Nov as well, but will cinemas be open again by then? If they move BW to Nov and push everything back, is November even safe? Far too hard to tell at this point so I'll expect the worst while hoping for the best. But claiming a date now even if it has to be moved again may be for the best, and the worst that could happen is they'd have to reschedule it at a later date. 

first disney will want to shelude mulan, and soul if it needs, they wont announce a new date for bw anytime soon, even though they will delay the movie, their priority will be mulan first, and the soul if that movie needs to be delayed, so again we will see