Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

18 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Still seeing lots of clowns commenting and tweeting “put it on disney+”

Truly showing that they don’t understand how anything works. 

They did this to the Anna Kendrick movie Noelle. Why couldn't they do the same with Black Widow?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Knock It Off 3

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

You mean to tell me Ryan Murphy's alternate history Hollywood series set to drop on Netflix that weekend (unless they push it) isn't enough for ya?

Who said I was gonna watch it if they did drop it. :wiggle:

19 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I'm sure Disney is taking a careful look at how moving Black Widow would affect the rest of the slate. My guess is they still hope to release Black Widow and Eternals this year. And then there's the Disney+ shows to consider too. 

I think it makes the most sense to slot both films into 2021 since there is no guarantee there will be any other MCU films ready for next year. Production is halted for the foreseeable future. Marvel is at a great spot to take a pause this year. Endgame wrapped things up nicely and SM:FFH didn't really kick start the next phase.

If anything, this pause could be a blessing to the MCU. I think there was going to be a let-down effect after Endgame. If the next film drops in May 2021, with almost a two year gap since SM:FFH, that could act as a nice reset and rekindle interest.

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

They did this to the Anna Kendrick movie Noelle. Why couldn't they do the same with Black Widow?

If you don't get the difference between a low budget Anna Kendirck movie, and a 180 Million tentpole like Black Widow you know nothing about the film business,or business in general.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Pushing “Black Widow” affects nothing on the MCU timeline, said one individual close to Marvel Studios. It was not clear if the implication was that “Widow” will see the light of day before August, or that the film is inconsequential to Phase Four, or if the source has a tesseract.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/marvel-movies-mcu-coronavirus-1203536981/

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Pushing “Black Widow” affects nothing on the MCU timeline, said one individual close to Marvel Studios. It was not clear if the implication was that “Widow” will see the light of day before August, or that the film is inconsequential to Phase Four, or if the source has a tesseract.

Oh for gods sake. These films are barely linked as is. Most movies in a “phase” can be watched out of order, some can be ignored. Acting as if these Marvel movies have been intricately stitched together is ridiculous at this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Well, this movie does take place before Infinity War. Still, I’d have to assume there would be some kind of “present day” mid or end credit scene that’s supposed to set up a future movie or two.