Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

16 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I would imagine BW will be released OS in late October so they can be released in time for local holidays and to get a head start on Bond.

Yeah, Eternals was listed as arriving in late October OS to start with, so I can see BW getting that as well, should it actually release in November.

22 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I would imagine BW will be released OS in late October so they can be released in time for local holidays and to get a head start on Bond.

Definitely, particularly in the UK where BW will lose all its premium format screens and be pushed into mid-size or smaller auditoriums to accommodate Bond within 6 days of release. I’d bet money on Disney releasing BW at least a week early here to combat that.

1 hour ago, SnokesLegs said:

Definitely, particularly in the UK where BW will lose all its premium format screens and be pushed into mid-size or smaller auditoriums to accommodate Bond within 6 days of release. I’d bet money on Disney releasing BW at least a week early here to combat that.

I would say opening two weeks early on October 23rd would be better but it's more likely they'll go for the 27th or 28th October and have a 5 or 6 day opening. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Nope. Disney announce Eternals on Xmas, the c & d tier films move away to any other date. That's it. Simple.

Not really. I thought if Disney can’t buy out the IMAX as WB and Paramount as first right as I believe both Top Gun and Dune have priority as they were filmed in the format

This feels like such a dud to me. I generally like the MCU but I just don't feel any excitement for this.

Edit: To be clear I'm not talking about the movie's box office prospects, I'm sure it'll do very well. I mean everything about it seems kinda blah to me. I'm just not hyped for it.

Edited by MOVIEGUY
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm surprised they pushed it far back as November, mainly because (spoilers, both for the Black Widow movie and another Marvel thing that if I say the name of kind of gives away the spoiler)

Spoiler

Yelena reportedly appears in Falcon and the Winter Soldier, which was slated for August. I guess they'll release that late November?

Edited by SpiderByte

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I'm surprised they pushed it far back as November, mainly because (spoilers, both for the Black Widow movie and another Marvel thing that if I say the name of kind of gives away the spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

while disney haven't announced as yet i'd imagine those releases on Disney+ (TV Shows) are likely delayed also.... can't imagine much work is being done on them right now ?

8 hours ago, JJ-8 said:

while disney haven't announced as yet i'd imagine those releases on Disney+ (TV Shows) are likely delayed also.... can't imagine much work is being done on them right now ?

That particular show shut down filming last month, no way they’re making an August release date.

1 hour ago, lilmac said:

Yea if the lockdowns extend into early fall (which I doubt will happen), you can't just keep pushing these films into 2021.

lol. If these lockdowns extend into early fall, I think you'll find the studios will be more than willing to keep pushing these films into 2021. 

If everywhere is on lockdown until the fall, most of the movies currently slated to come out in 2021 literally don't get finished or in some cases, made, at all. 

Sure, some movies will get pushed onto VOD, but as long as they still have a hope of releasing $150 million+ blockbusters into theaters, they still will. 

Edited by TerwillikerInst
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, TerwillikerInst said:

lol. If these lockdowns extend into early fall, I think you'll find the studios will be more than willing to keep pushing these films into 2021. 

If everywhere is on lockdown until the fall, most of the movies currently slated to come out in 2021 literally don't get finished or in some cases, made, at all. 

Sure, some movies will get pushed onto VOD, but as long as they still have a hope of releasing $150 million+ blockbusters into theaters, they still will. 

Exactly. Indie/festival films will definitely go to VOD for the most part, but big horror and action blockbusters? No way.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's the thing. Movies that are made will be released everntually. But there's a large number of movies slated for 2021 and 2022 whose shooting is delayed indefinitely. Also, how many movies they can shoot at the same time? A number of these 2021/2022 released was supposed to shoot this year, which is completely up in the air. I guess they'll have to do a triage and shoot priorities and the rest push further.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, TerwillikerInst said:

Fair point.