Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

19 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

They might as well push it back to next May and have everything else move forward as planned with a one year push if they can’t open it in November 

I’ve been eyeing this as a pretty possible endgame since March. Depending on 2nd wave and vaccine timeline the might try pretty hard to get Eternals in May and Black Widow a couple months before that though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eric Skywalker said:

Keep the release date. PVOD US, theatrical OS. Maybe even push it up a month to be safe. Do it Disney. We know you want to

No chance. Marvel movies make a sizeable enough chunk of their takings from the US that I can’t see Disney even entertaining that idea. It’s not like Bond where it’s bigger internationally (although I still can’t see Bond opening without domestic).

Although the people in charge of Disney are clearly not using their brains brains at the moment given Disney World reopening at the literal height of the pandemic, so who knows!

18 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

No chance. Marvel movies make a sizeable enough chunk of their takings from the US that I can’t see Disney even entertaining that idea. It’s not like Bond where it’s bigger internationally (although I still can’t see Bond opening without domestic).

Although the people in charge of Disney are clearly not using their brains brains at the moment given Disney World reopening at the literal height of the pandemic, so who knows!

Inside, reputable sources indicate that Disney is on the verge of losing all their money with no income coming in. Disney World's reopening was a last resort. Better getting some highly-anticipated releases out there to make some money, even if you won't make as much as you did in normal times, than have blood on their hands with their theme parks.

And really, every movie should just accept they're going to be at a loss and open without domestic theaters and open PVOD in domestic markets. If studios really think OS theaters can put up with playing nothing for months, if not years, then they're in for a rude awakening.

Put this shit out in theaters in October, have it for $20 or $25 in America on PVOD in November.

4 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I’ve been eyeing this as a pretty possible endgame since March. Depending on 2nd wave and vaccine timeline the might try pretty hard to get Eternals in May and Black Widow a couple months before that though.

Yeah, I've been pretty pessimistic about this whole thing which has only gotten worse in the US unfortunately, so I reset my expectations to May 2021 back when it first got moved. It's tough to say conclusively what'll happen since this is obviously unprecedented, but I'd say odds aren't in favour of Disney forgoing theatrical in the US unless they're extremely desperate.

44 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Production timelines on the D+ and later movies could also be a big factor. 

Exactly. After Eternals there's nothing filmed anyway. Shang-Chi is going to start up again but who knows how that'll go, so it's not like BW's holding the theatrical slate up since there's not much there. It seems like a waste to rush it out when they'll have to catch up anyway, and even TFaTWS hasn't been completed, so we'll hit a wall when it comes to releases at some point anyway.

• Like 1

It's much easier to stick a bomb that was destined to be a write-off in any situation like Artemis Fowl on streaming than it is a movie that actually has major $$$ potential. If push comes to shove it'll take Eternals February date while that takes the early May spot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It’s really been an entire year since an MCU movie was released, hasn’t it? I hadn’t even realized it before, but this is the longest we’ve gone without one since the two year gap between TIH and IM2

It’s kind of cosmically amusing that the covid delay perfectly separates the Infinity Saga from what comes next. If it was Endgame getting kicked back a year people would be losing their mind, but this is just such a perfect point to pause that I find myself surprisingly chill with the delay.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arendelle Legion said:

It’s kind of cosmically amusing that the covid delay perfectly separates the Infinity Saga from what comes next. If it was Endgame getting kicked back a year people would be losing their mind, but this is just such a perfect point to pause that I find myself surprisingly chill with the delay.

Imagine if Endgame was delayed a year and then came out after a vaccine had been circulated, it would have flown past $3 billion.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

The 1st wave might not even end in most of the world at that time.

4 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Well we still have a couple of years to catch up to 2023 which is where the MCU timeline is atm.

Covid confirmed to last for 3 years. If only Russos had gone with a smaller time skip :sadno:

• Sad 1