Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

14 hours ago, KJsooner said:

Good strategy by Disney plus to see if they can get profit off of Mulan. I don’t see them doing it with black widow though.

What do you think they will do with Black Widow then, if doesn’t go to streaming, Disney+, etc? A direct to Blu-ray release or delay into summer 2021?

55 minutes ago, Sean B said:

What do you think they will do with Black Widow then, if doesn’t go to streaming, Disney+, etc? A direct to Blu-ray release or delay into summer 2021?

Lol first wait and see if it gets released this November. Mulan already had a premier and its entire marketing budget was spent, not the same for BW. A direct to Blu-Ray release is never happening lmao, a delay is more likely.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Lol first wait and see if it gets released this November. Mulan already had a premier and its entire marketing budget was spent, not the same for BW. A direct to Blu-Ray release is never happening lmao, a delay is more likely.

Do you think Black Widow could eventually take Shang Chi’s current “May 7th 2021” theatrical release date ? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

People love complaining that [thing] is overpriced almost as much as they love buying [thing] anyway.

Do they? Apart from maybe iPhones I struggle to think of many products whose demand isn't greatly determined by their price.

7 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

Let me introduce you to Video Games 😂

On the contrary: videogame pricing, in particular microtransactions, is a massively contentious issue. For every GTA V there's a Fallout 76. Players are getting much more savvy about being ripped off. Also, try being a 5 hour indie game selling at a triple A game price and see how far you get.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

On the contrary: videogame pricing, in particular microtransactions, is a massively contentious issue. For every GTA V there's a Fallout 76. Players are getting much more savvy about being ripped off. Also, try being a 5 hour indie game selling at a triple A game price and see how far you get.

Sure but there is examples of games like Pokémon Sword and Shield that got backlash for no National Dex and went on to be the best selling titles since Gold and Silver. Animal Crossing New Horizons had no cloud saves and is approaching 30m copies sold. Take Two interactive (GTA V, NBA 2K) is one of the most notorious for MTX but their games sale like hot cakes. 

It will take months to disseminate a vaccine, assuming one comes by this winter. Even April/May 2021 is not looking good from a boxoffice perspective. Theaters will still see limited capacity IMO. Best for BW to push out even further or use the Mulan+ model if it works. 

Edited by lilmac

3 hours ago, lilmac said:

It will take months to disseminate a vaccine, assuming one comes by this winter. Even April/May 2021 is not looking good from a boxoffice perspective. Theaters will still see limited capacity IMO. Best for BW to push out even further or use the Mulan+ model if it works. 

The only way the Mulan model works, is if it brings in new subscribers. That’s the only way a title works. That’s why Netflix cancel shows after 3-4 season: that audience is already subscribed. 

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The only way the Mulan model works, is if it brings in new subscribers. That’s the only way a title works. That’s why Netflix cancel shows after 3-4 season: that audience is already subscribed. 

The Mulan model is to earn money mostly from subscribed. 

New subscribers are good but they are not that important factor 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Do they? Apart from maybe iPhones I struggle to think of many products whose demand isn't greatly determined by their price.

Demand is determined by price, but usually a well chosen price from a profit perspective generates a lot of complaining from people who wish they were getting a bigger consumer surplus (or who are actually priced out) without implying that cheaper would have been a better decision.

Edited by Arendelle Legion

31 minutes ago, Sean B said:

If it does, When do you think they would move its release date to May 7th 2021? 

As soon as it's directly apparent that it won't make the November date.  Which could be very soon...or it could be weeks away. 

I don't think Shang-Chi is making it's May 2021 date, anyway -- it's weeks behind in filming, and even though some production has resumed in Sydney, they don't even seem to fully scaled up, yet. 

And who knows what will happen to corporate theaters in the meantime?

I think Eternals (if it's finished) stays in February, Black Widow goes to May, Shang-Chi goes later 2021. I think everything MCU will be pushed back in the cart, obviously...just like everything else is. 

But I still also hold out the wild card that Black Widow could indeed go to Disney+

(Laugh all you want, but who saw 2020 coming?)

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1