Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

That from the article above saying:

and overall 22% of the audience as 25 years-old or younger

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/article/ed627049476/

That from the first days, could have changed over time obviously or could have been a typo, it was quite older that one.

For example EndGame here:

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-opening-weekend-box-office-record-1202602445/

Updated demos from Disney: 57% males, 43% females. 71% adults, 18% families, 11% teens.

I imagine the 18-24 are a big segment for that type of movies, we can agree it was still an audience mostly of people born before 2000.

Not too surprising, one of the few hero in that universe that is a parent with family and more grown up concern, with Micheal Douglas-Pfeiffer in the cast.

Born after 2000, sure, that's the minority. But the comment you responded to said the biggest audience for Marvel movies is men aged 15-35, and the data seems to support that. That doesn't mean that there aren't a ton of people from other groups in the audience, just that that group is disproportionately represented.

29 minutes ago, Menor said:

Surprisingly Ant-Man and the Wasp was a lot lower with 38% under 25, I would've expected that to get a higher percentage of kids tickets. 

Ant Man films do get a higher percentage of kids tickets. The thing is that under 25 isnt kids, in the MCU's case its most often the 18-24 set (though their audiences do skew much older than many suspect). The lower percentage for Ant Man and the Wasp partially reflects a higher family audience. Families made up a minority of EG's audience for example, which per deadline was ~20% (11% kids 9% parents) on opening https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-opening-weekend-box-office-record-1202602445/. Kids dont go alone, parents come with them, and those parents count as over 25s. 

EDIT: In addition, Ant-Man skews toward families: Similar to the original, the sequel brought in 28% of that demo. https://deadline.com/2018/07/ant-man-and-the-wasp-opening-box-office-overperform-marvel-1202422128/

Edited by Justin4125
Citation
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

Born after 2000, sure, that's the minority. But the comment you responded to said the biggest audience for Marvel movies is men aged 15-35, and the data seems to support that. That doesn't mean that there aren't a ton of people from other groups in the audience, just that that group is disproportionately represented.

Yes but that 2 different statement, it is a disproportionately represented group obviously, not necessarily the majority of the audience. And that person was in response to someone saying the under 19 was the people going in theater these days.

8 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Ok. Again, what was the point and who cares?

Remove "Marvel Studio" I don't see it clearing 500mn.

its a movie, there is no point, its a movie 

god mcu fanboys can be.....

Edited by john2000

4 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

Ok. Again, what was the point and who cares?

Remove "Marvel Studio" I don't see it clearing 500mn.

If Ant man had 2 movie(The second was really bad)+1 why not Black Widow? 

I totally trusted in Cate Shortland, im sure this film will better (by Far)than Captain Marvel 

Edited by fabiopazzo2
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I totally trusted in Cate Shortland, im sure this film will better (by Far)than Captain Marvel 

Let's not pit women against each other.  I'm sure both movies will be fine.  Thank you.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1