grim22

Battle of the Sexes | Fox Searchlight | Based on the Billie Jean King and Bobby Riggs tennis match. Emma Stone and Steve Carrell star. Alan Cumming joins.

2 hours ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

Didn't they change the name back to The Post? :P

Seeing lots of ads for Battle of the Sexes during the US Open naturally. Happy about the reception so far, tennis movies need a better representative than Wimbledon!

I agree, but Wimbledon happens to be a guilty pleasure of mine. It's one of those movies that when it's on I'll flip it on and end up watching it until the end.

I honestly can't say why I like it so much, but I can't seem to resist watching it when it happens to be on.:blush:

• Like 1

I just noticed something on RT, there seems to be a mini battle of the sexes on reviews.

BOTS has 71 positive and 12 negative reviews (I personally count it as 11 since I don't think any of Armond White's reviews should ever count).

Of that 12 only 1 is from a female reviewer. There are 26 reviews by female reviewers which are 25-1 positive and the male reviewers have it at 46-11

Recently, Billie Jean King came to my job for an interview to promote this movie. While I was running mics for the next show, she was departing while Micheal Peña was arriving. I was watching their interaction through the outside glass door window, and it was cute. Then as they finished, Billie Jean looked at me through the door, waved at me, then blew me a kiss. I was shaking then and I after watching this biopic, I will treasure that blown kiss for the rest of my life.

https://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//battle-of-the-sexes-review

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, rjones1325 said:

Recently, Billie Jean King came to my job for an interview to promote this movie. While I was running mics for the next show, she was departing while Micheal Peña was arriving. I was watching their interaction through the outside glass door window, and it was cute. Then as they finished, Billie Jean looked at me through the door, waved at me, then blew me a kiss. I was shaking then and I after watching this biopic, I will treasure that blown kiss for the rest of my life.

https://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//battle-of-the-sexes-review

Billie Jean King is awesome!