33% drop for BVS.

Last Wed drop was 30.5%.

Weekly drop 56%.

imo ~10% Thu drop for 1.12m.

2.45m Fri (+120%) [F7 129%=>184%=>182%. BVS 94%=>123%=>?]

4.65m Sat (+90%) [F7 35%=>55%=>76%. BVS 55%=>75%=>?]

2.60m Sun (-44%) [F7 -40%=>-39%=>-46%. BVS -37%=>-38%=>?]

= 9.70m (-58.5%)

It starts losing it's PLF screens to JB's previews so I think the drop will be harder on Thur and the Friday jump smaller

13 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It starts losing it's PLF screens to JB's previews so I think the drop will be harder on Thur and the Friday jump smaller

Do you think it's possible that its Friday will be smaller than Zootopia's? I'm imagining a 120% jump for BvS on Friday [edit] and a 200% jump for Zootopia.

Edited by cannastop

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Do you think it's possible that its Friday will be smaller than Zootopia's? I'm imagining a 120% jump for BvS on Saturday and a 200% jump for Zootopia.

Probably not

TJB does represent a new family film and while they are from the same studio we should be a little more reserved about Friday - thinking that it drops -30% on Wed and then another 10% today for about 670k with a 150% increase (which would be great) you are only looking at about 1.67m on Friday. Leading to about a 7.3m weekend (+100% on Sat -30% on Sunday) its all about that Friday increase, if it can get to 200% on Friday that makes about 8.5m possible for the weekend.

But Regardless BvS wont be under Zoo this weekend and it's Friday will be larger.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Probably not

TJB does represent a new family film and while they are from the same studio we should be a little more reserved about Friday - thinking that it drops -30% on Wed and then another 10% today for about 670k with a 150% increase (which would be great) you are only looking at about 1.67m on Friday. Leading to about a 7.3m weekend (+100% on Sat -30% on Sunday) its all about that Friday increase, if it can get to 200% on Friday that makes about 8.5m possible for the weekend.

But Regardless BvS wont be under Zoo this weekend and it's Friday will be larger.

Those are some really low-ball estimates you have for BvS and Zootopia.

By the way, I meant to say "Friday" in my original post.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Those are some really low-ball estimates you have for BvS and Zootopia.

By the way, I meant to say "Friday" in my original post.

While Zoo has shown itself to be the exception to a lot of rules there are some things that it just can't get around. Loss of Screens / showtimes starting at 7pm Today is one of them. BvS has the same problem compounded by the loss of the PLF/Imax screen which have been a hefty part of it's gross.

Conversely the lack of showtimes later tonight MAY translate to a better Friday increase for Zoo but I would doubt it. This one weekend will be rough for Zoo as it adjusts to it's new place on the totem pole - after this weekend it should be back to trucking along towards a gross that ultimately is HIGHER than BvS (course again I could be wrong.)

It's harder to compare because Mid-April isn't known for launching 70m+ openers so there isn't anything to really compare BvS and Zoo with against TJB. And this is the time of year where the difference between 1.2m and 670k on a weekday isn't made up by the Friday increase. BvS is still going to be pushing to cross 10m but Zoo wont come close to 8.5 IMO.

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

While Zoo has shown itself to be the exception to a lot of rules there are some things that it just can't get around. Loss of Screens / showtimes starting at 7pm Today is one of them. BvS has the same problem compounded by the loss of the PLF/Imax screen which have been a hefty part of it's gross.

Conversely the lack of showtimes later tonight MAY translate to a better Friday increase for Zoo but I would doubt it. This one weekend will be rough for Zoo as it adjusts to it's new place on the totem pole - after this weekend it should be back to trucking along towards a gross that ultimately is HIGHER than BvS (course again I could be wrong.)

It's harder to compare because Mid-April isn't known for launching 70m+ openers so there isn't anything to really compare BvS and Zoo with against TJB. And this is the time of year where the difference between 1.2m and 670k on a weekday isn't made up by the Friday increase. BvS is still going to be pushing to cross 10m but Zoo wont come close to 8.5 IMO.

Zootopia has already lost its big screens. Multiplexes aren't the problem. And neither are drive-ins, actually.

Just now, cannastop said:

Zootopia has already lost its big screens. Multiplexes aren't the problem. And neither are drive-ins, actually.

I didn't say anything about Zoo and big screens? Zoo is going to feel the crunch that comes as a film that is at the 7 week mark. If it was still on more than 1 screen it will lose the extras and be pushed into smaller screens and out of theaters with 5 screens or less.

Frankly here is the scenario - You have Barbershop & TJB opening each on 1 screen, plus Boss & Hardcore are on week #2 - so thats 4 screens. Now Which do you keep on the main 5th screen - BvS or Zoo - well considering that TJB will fill the family element and BvS is making the bigger grosses Zoo goes Bye Bye. Its the logic of the situation based on age. Now obviously there are exceptions and not all theaters will be locked into certain films or maybe they will have Zoo sharing screens with films at times of the day.

Drive Ins will help to balance things out, probably keeping the gross from actually hitting the -50% mark. Batman will probably lose 500ish screens this weekend and zoo will be around the same amount but under 3k - still remarkable for this point in a run and the impact of screen loss will be more on BvS because of the "big" screens it will lose.

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

I didn't say anything about Zoo and big screens? Zoo is going to feel the crunch that comes as a film that is at the 7 week mark. If it was still on more than 1 screen it will lose the extras and be pushed into smaller screens and out of theaters with 5 screens or less.

Frankly here is the scenario - You have Barbershop & TJB opening each on 1 screen, plus Boss & Hardcore are on week #2 - so thats 4 screens. Now Which do you keep on the main 5th screen - BvS or Zoo - well considering that TJB will fill the family element and BvS is making the bigger grosses Zoo goes Bye Bye. Its the logic of the situation based on age. Now obviously there are exceptions and not all theaters will be locked into certain films or maybe they will have Zoo sharing screens with films at times of the day.

Drive Ins will help to balance things out, probably keeping the gross from actually hitting the -50% mark. Batman will probably lose 500ish screens this weekend and zoo will be around the same amount but under 3k - still remarkable for this point in a run and the impact of screen loss will be more on BvS because of the "big" screens it will lose.

Many multiplexes have way more than 5 screens. Thank goodness for the overbuilding of the late 90s.

I'm betting that Zootopia will still have over 3000 theaters this weekend.

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Many multiplexes have way more than 5 screens. Thank goodness for the overbuilding of the late 90s.

I'm betting that Zootopia will still have over 3000 theaters this weekend.

If it does that will be good. But supply / demand might say otherwise. And yes thankfully most Multi's are more than 5 lol gives us poor saps variety when we go to the theaters. Unless you live like where I am and you have to drive an hour to get more than 2 screens.